[Mkguild] MK- Drifting

Hallan Mirayas hallanmirayas at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:05:20 CDT 2007

>From: "Absolute Zero" <supernova.wizard at gmail.com>
>That was a very good read! I really enjoyed it, and not only that but I
>didn't find a single spelling error. Not bad. 'course I could have been too
>enthralled by your 'word work' to notice any. Its been known to happen.

I've been reading since age 4.  I'm 29 now, and still an avid reader.  My
vocabulary is enormous, and I'm also a spelling nazi.  Between that and
Chris and Charles' fine editing work, I'd have to turn in my geek card if
you found a spelling error.

I've also been roleplaying on MUCKs for about 15 years now.  While that's
helped my descriptive abilities, it's left me a bit lacking in managing
conversations from both sides.  The 'special thanks to Chris' mentioned at
the title lines of "Drifting" are also for his help in that regard.

>I like how Edward thought to himself at the beginning of the story, it made
>it almost like a poem. I also appreciated Kee's cameo, it was good to see
>him in a story again, even if it was very brief. But most of all I loved
>the ending, could help but smile as I finished reading.

I liked the beginning, too, but I'm glad that Chris talked me into expanding
the tale.  The majority of my Blind Pig work has been very short, two to
three pages on average, and it's earned me a label of 'slice of life writer'
that I don't particularly enjoy.  This is the longest story I've written
since "Fast Break", and considerable portions of that story were written by
Cubist.

Kee is fun.  When I first pondered writing in Metamor Keep (waaaay long
ago!), I dabbled with the idea of Drift and Kee being competing messengers.
Obviously, things went a different route, but I figured he deserved a spot.

>Bravo! Encore!
>
>I'm looking forward to more!

I guarantee it.  There are many hints of what is to come in "Drifting", if
you look carefully enough.

Hallan