[Mkguild] Chronological Order

Kendo Virmir kendo.virmir at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 22:37:44 CDT 2007

On 7/28/07, Absolute Zero <supernova.wizard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that a small mistake was made in the Story Archive, I was reading
> through the stories again, to refresh my memory and to make sure I had read
> them all, and I noticed that "Things Remain the Same" and "Four Times the
> Charm" need to switch spots on the list. In "Things Remain the Same" Edmund,
> the paladin has changed into a cheetah and his Assistant Terrant has changed
> into a woman, and the story covers them dealing with their new bodies. While
> at the very end of "Four Times the Charm" Edmund hasn't changed quite yet.
>
> Simple mistake, but also easily corrected. The two stories are right next to
> each other.

My fault entirely  Fixed. :)

If anyone notices anything out of order, let me know and I'll fix it
ASAP.  I *know* there is at least one more notable mistake somewhere
between 100 - 200 that I noticed long ago but couldn't quite find
since I took over. I would have written it down, but I had no idea I'd
eventually be managing the archives a year ago. :)

> Oh, while I've got your attention on the List I wanted to make a suggestion
> of sorts. It's become kind of awkward to deal with the large number of
> stories on the Archive. I was wondering if it might make it easier to
> navigate if we can divide the stories up and put them on separate pages...
> maybe by date or season, or maybe simply keep it to 25 to 50 story links per
> page. It can be slightly annoying to have to scroll all the way down that
> very large list of stories to find the next one I'm on. However, its only a
> small inconvenience and I'll be happy to deal with it if it proves too
> difficult to split the stories, or whatever.
>
> Just thought I'd mention it.

This is a good idea and I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on
this.  Building additional pages is easy as pie.  The only issue would
be adding a snippit of code to make the links go "back" to the correct
page the story is located on, which may require a bit of tweaking on
every single story page due to the way things are currently set up.  A
little tedious, but I will do it for MK if the consensus leans that
way. :)

--
- Virmir
http://virmir.com