[Mkguild] FW: [TSA] Thoughts on Metamor Keep

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Sun Jul 29 19:21:55 CDT 2007

>This is quite a discussion and one that I think is rather important,
>however I believe most of the main points have been said
>already.  The only thing that HAS to be in a story to make it MK is
>the Curse and I think there are some that don't even deal with that
>all that much (ex. ones set outside of MK itself).  As for a jumping
>in point I always assumed one would not only have to, but want to
>read all of the preceding stories in order to understand the back
>story and plots.  When I was thinking of starting writing I remember
>I spent many nights at the computer reading over half of the TSA
>archive and most of The Blind Pig, before I found Metamor's archive
>and dug in there.  As it stands I still try to read every story that
>comes over the list as it's posted although I admit I am
>behind.  Just a few more pennies on the pile.
>John Burman aka Fox Marine

Ah, you're FoxMarine?  I had wondered about that! :-)

Now as to the discussion, I have stayed out of it up until now
because everybody already said what I was thinking!  Metmaor Keep is
a universe that keeps growing and growing with each new story.  It
really is an organic entity, unlike TBP and some other settings in
which there is no real history.  This does make it more difficult to
get newcomers in, but there have been several ideas to help.

I love the Wiki myself, because it is a great resource for folks who
are researching.  There is definitely no substitute for reading all
of the stories, but the idea of updates ala comic books is a rather
nice idea.

When it comes to stories set outside of Metamor, I try to restrict
myself to stories directly related to my overall plot.  Sadly, that
seems to be a lot of stories! :-)