[Mkguild] Midnight

Kendo Virmir kendo.virmir at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:01:59 CDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Michael Olson <michael.k.olson at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a story I wrote a long time ago, that I'm pretty certain never
> made it out onto the list.  It was meant to be a prologue of sorts for
> a much longer tale that I never got around to writing.  Maybe actually
> taking the step of putting this together and tossing it out will help
> me to change that.  It is largely unrelated to the other stories I've
> sent out, so it should be comprehensible on its own.  The title is
> admittedly out of place by itself.  I was supposed to write the
> stories "Dusk", "Midnight", "Dawn", and "Noon" highlighting major
> progressions in the lives of my characters.  Only Dusk ever made it
> out though :)
>
> Anyway, apologies for my typos and lapses in editing, and my gratitude
> to Thaeus for reminding me about this story.  Comments and corrections
> are always appreciated as well :)
>
> Michael Olson
> AKA Mystic

An excellent story.  I enjoyed this quite a bit.

> The first feeling to break through was the cold.  The fine clothes
> offered no protection against the cold.  He clutched his cloak tighter

Repeating the word 'cold' seems a little awkward here.  Really the
only technicallity I caught in the whole thing. :)

I really feel for Davydd's plight.  And I love random wizards who
appear out of nowhere.  Great stuff.  I hope you continue this, as I'm
really interested to find out what the heck happens next. :)

--
- Virmir
http://virmir.com