[TSA] Re: [Mkguild] Veterans Day

Phil Geusz pgeusz at resistingarrest.net
Mon Nov 12 12:46:53 EST 2007

> O thirty million English that babble of England's might,
> Behold there are twenty heroes who lack their food to-night;
> Our children's children are lisping to "honour the charge they made-"
> And we leave to the streets and the workhouse the charge of the Light Brigade!

I have never, ever understood why we pay our soldiers so little, both
during active service and in retirement. Never!

                                             Phil  =:3

(Who notes that the German was so effective largely because it was the
most prestigious part of German society, and therefore the nation's best
and brightest competed to serve and succeed in it)