[Mkguild] TG Story Announcement: Metamor City fanfic on Nobilis Erotica

Raven Blackmane ravenb at transform.to
Sun Nov 18 02:27:30 EST 2007

Hi everyone!

This is so cool I just had to share it. Nobilis of the Nobilis Erotica
podcast (http://nobilis.libsyn.com) has released the first Metamor City
fanfic to appear in audio, a story called “Anniversary”. It’s appearing
in Nobilis Erotica #44
(http://nobilis.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=279138), and yes, it's a TG
story. And since it tangentially features the machinations of Artax, the
mischievous wizard I created to pay homage to Bill Hart's SPELLS 'R' US
setting, I guess you could call this SRU fanfic, too. :)

Fair warning: as his podcast’s name indicates, this is _erotica._ It’s a
sexually explicit story and not appropriate for children. But what
Nobilis has done here isn’t just sex for the sake of sex. This is a
story that clearly has personal meaning for Nobilis, and it shows
through in the quality of the characterization.

“Anniversary” is about an aging married couple who love each other very
much, but don’t often get the chance to express their love sexually
because they both suffer from chronic illnesses that make sex difficult
or impossible. Once a year, on their anniversary, they travel from their
rural home to Metamor City, where the magic that can give them a night’s
relief is comparatively cheap and accessible. They’d never be able to
afford the city’s high cost of living full time, and the trip itself is
expensive, so they’re stuck with this once-a-year experience when they
can really express their love the way they want to.

It’s a beautiful story, full of genuine, tender emotions, and Nobilis
has caught the flavor of Metamor City perfectly. If you’re not bothered
by sexually explicit fiction, I definitely recommend it.

If you're interested in checking out more of Metamor City, visit our
website at http://www.metamorcity.com. This week's episode /also/
features Artax, and here he actually gets some screen time. :)

Cheers,

Raven

--
"I love science, and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of the subject or feel that choosing science means that you cannot also choose compassion, or the arts, or be awed by nature. Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and reinvigorate it." --Robert Sapolsky