[Mkguild] TG Story Announcement: Metamor City fanfic on NobilisErotica

Raven Blackmane ravenb at transform.to
Sun Nov 18 16:01:04 EST 2007

jerethdalion wrote:
> Raven Blackmane????
> you live ????
> and are still active????
> i thought you had left te fandom
<megatron> "...I s-still function..." </megatron>

;-)

Yes, I'm alive. I've spent most of this year working on the Metamor City
Podcast and my new novel in that setting. I've been somewhat more active
on the Metamor writers' wiki (http://mkworld.wikidot.com/) than on the
mailing list.

As far as leaving the fandom ... well, I definitely haven't left the
science fiction/fantasy fandom, and in some ways I'm probably more
active in it than I ever have been. (I actually went to a convention
this year. <shudder gasp>)  And I'm still interested in transformations
as a literary device. As far as the furry fandom is concerned, though,
I'm not sure I was ever really a part of it in the first place. I've
played along the edges of the sandbox, but on the whole my interests
have taken me in other directions.

I do still have ideas for Metamor Keep stories, and I hope to bring some
of them to you next year. For right now, though, I'm focused on Metamor
City, because that's where I feel excited and energized. It's also a
great deal more accessible to the SF/F general public than MK, so I've
been able to grow my audience in ways that MK just wasn't doing for me.
My last two stories in the Starchild Prophecy story arc garnered zero
feedback, and my last MK short story ("Picking Up The Pieces") only got
one response, from Kamau. It's hard to maintain enthusiasm for a project
in the face of that kind of apathy. In contrast, response to Metamor
City from the podcasting community has been strong and very positive,
which makes it easy for me to keep writing in that setting. <shrug> I
haven't given up on MK entirely, but I needed the break. :)

Cheers,

Raven

--
"I love science, and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of
the subject or feel that choosing science means that you cannot also