[Mkguild] Passage of a great man

Joshua Coene lupiswolf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 12:36:15 CDT 2007

This isn't particularly in the transformative bailiwick of events, but I
figured it ought to be posted up here, as we're all authors of one sort or
another.

James Oliver Rigney Jr, better known as Robert Jordan, author of The Wheel
of Time, passed away due to a rare blood disease at 2:45 P.M. on Sunday,
September 16th.  He was 58 years old, and had been working on the twelfth
and final book in the series at the time of his death.

I really don't know what to say about this.  I've been reading the man's
books for nearly a decade now, and I couldn't believe it when I read that he
had passed away.  However, I'm willing to bet that there's some other fans
out there that this email will reach.

"Until shade is gone, until water is dust, into the shadow with teeth bared,
screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on
the last day."