[Mkguild] Running Wild (part 2 of ?)

Kendo Virmir kendo.virmir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:26:49 CDT 2007

On 9/27/07, C. Matthias <jagille3 at vt.edu> wrote:
> No, it really is outrageously ridiculous.  They ought not be as
> common as they seem to be in the MK setting.  Good grief people, pick
> races that aren't as stereotypical in the furry fandom for your
> supporting characters.
>
> Qutie frankly, every new canine/vulpine character interests me less
> and less.  Do something original for a change!
>
> Alan is interesting because it sounds like he's an OLD character,
> which is original.

Eh, what can I say. I'm guilty on two accounts.  Three if you consider
my hyena (though they're not canine. :) )  I don't know why I love
canids.  I just do.  And because I'm a newbie, I picked the first
species that came to mind without much thought at all.  Things I love.
 Things I wouldn't mind imaging myself as.  And I need to *be* these
characters if I'm going to write for them effectively.

But I'm growing up as an author.  And now that I actually think of
myself as an author, I'm ready to experiment a little.  I've learned
so much from my first few stories.  I'm going to be introducing a ton
of new characters, and now that I almost know what I'm doing, I'm
putting much more effort into these.  My next major guy is unlike
anything the Keep has ever seen, I think. :)

But I *needed* to go through that newbie phase first.  I *needed* to
have those cliched characters.  I needed to learn the ups and
especially the downs.  Now that I'm more confident in my abilities,
I'm ready to imagine a little more.  These first characters I created
at-a-whim will always remind me of my first baby steps into writing.
And for that they will always be dear to me.

So basically, Charles, the reason there are so many canines/vulpines
is because we are a bunch of newbies and we don't know what we're
doing, blast it!  We're just typing random stuff into our word
processor, and we're having the times of our lives!  This is seriously
fun stuff!  This is exciting and new, and we're not thinking about
what we're doing!  We just want to have fun!  And we like foxes, blast
it!

MK is for newbie authors, as I've read.  And this is the truth, as
I've learned so much here.  Give us some time to figure things out,
some time to grow out of certain pitfalls, and we won't disappoint. ;)

I'll aways be a fox, though. ;)

--
- Kendo Virmir
http://virmir.com -- Some of my stories!