[Mkguild] Cthulhu in Metamor

Kit stormkit10 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 17:59:37 EDT 2008

Oops, my bad, I hadn't meant to make that private, but I hit reply instead
of reply to all. For those wondering, I originally said this:

"Woah, back up there a moment. Imprisoned UNDER the keep? The stark raving
mad titan bent on random destruction imprisoned under the keep that was
entrusted with something so dangerous and fearful the original creator
himSELF (or herself, whatever) locked it away? Am I the only one that
wonders why the remaining pantheon would be so stupid to do this in the
first place let ALONE why their much wiser parents, the elders, didn't move
this imprisonment away from that particular bomb? I have no problem with a
cult attempting to summon one of the nine titans, but the idea of one of
those titans being AT Metamor just seems absurd. Most likely the cult would
be trying to summon one of the titans with a 'known' location such as
Celine, Nathales, Lykos, and whichever one was sealed in the fourth hell
which I can't seem to remember.

Now Lykos' location is an unknown somewhere far away in the Great Northern
Desert, and difficult to find. The titan in the fourth hell which Rickkter
accidently unleashed is equally unlikely to be found again as Rickkter was
the only survivor and bound by his keeper not to tell that secret. Celine's
imprisonment on the moon is a bit far away to do much with, but Nathales on
the other hand was imprisoned in the Great Barrier Range which is right next
to Metamor. It would make sense therefore for cultists to try to summon
Nathales from Metamor's crypts (also making sense since Nathales is
associated with the underground anyway)."

Anyway, as you may know, I've only been is MK for a few months, so was not
familiar with this original conversation. While this does indeed make quite
a bit of sense, the original issue of imprisoning (and more particularly
leaving) one of the destructive titans so near an artifact which is
theoretically possible of wiping out all creation remains. Furthermore, it
seems doubtful that Kyia would have been willing to help with the
imprisonment of one of the titans. The issue of Kyia noticing however is
easier to get around than Raven may have thought though (from what you
quoted). Kyia's range seems to extend more to the keep itself than anything
else making it easy for various cultists to carry on their activities in the
town unhindered and as a secret to Kyia. Furthermore the labyrinths are
already shown to lead away from Metamor to other places, it would be easy
for the cultists to use them to get to the actual imprisonment site away
from Metamor. Again, my personal preference is Nathales who is already know
to be imprisoned underground and even relatively nearby.

Kit