[Mkguild] Hello

Kendo Virmir kendo.virmir at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 22:45:30 EDT 2008

Welcome to MK, Pontos!  Love reading new character intro stories. :)

On 8/20/08, Pontos <daemonpontos at gmail.com> wrote:

> While we are at it, I wanted to comment on a minor issue I found related to
> the storyline of Thomas's marriage, discussed on wikidot's forum:
> There is a story called "Father Yule" written by ShazerFox in the archives.
> It's a short Christmas themed story, that sadly takes place almost entirely
> on December 24, 707. To make things worse, in the church of all places...
> It would most likely conflict with the pretensions of the wedding, and all
> the madness around it.
>
> In my opinion, the best solution would be to place "Father Yule" one year
> later (if modifying old stories is an option), since nothing in it makes a
> mention of earlier events. On December of 706 took place The Winter Assault,
> so it's out of question... also if the reason behind the election of the
> date isn't WA's anniversary, then the wedding can be moved a few days
> forward.
> It can as well be left as is, since it's certainly "harmless".
>
> You can punch me if you want for pointing trivial things :P.

Actually, this is a significant catch!  Nice work. :)

If I remember correctly, Shaz's story needs to take place one year
after WA (see graveyard scene), so moving it is out of the question.
It's not a huge deal though, because it takes place in the Follower
temple, and not the Lightbringer temple where the wedding is set to
take place.  On the other hand, Father Hough is in it, and I would
imagine he would be at the Duke's wedding.  I'm pretty sure Shaz
cleared this with Matt before he wrote this story last year, so Matt
might want to take a look at this to make sure it fits Hough's
schedule. ;)

--
- Kendo Virmir
http://virmir.com -- Some of my stories!