[Mkguild] The PAWNED master plan

Chris chrisokane at verizon.net
Sun Jan 6 19:56:44 EST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mkguild-bounces at lists.integral.org
[mailto:mkguild-bounces at lists.integral.org] On Behalf Of Raven Blackmane
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 2:23 PM
To: Michael Bard; MKGuild
Subject: Re: [Mkguild] The PAWNED master plan

Michael Bard wrote:
> I have a full, and proofed, first draft of the intro story on Shifti
at
> http://www.shifti.org/User:Michael_Bard/Pawned .  It even has a title
now--
> :)

Fun story! Yvarra plays the role of a self-important paladin exceedingly

well, and I love the humor of an amoral thief getting "geased or quested

or any of that crap." :)

One thing you might not have been aware of: Metamor's market town,
Euper, is at the base of the mountain ridge that the Keep rests on. The
actual town of Metamor is up on top of the ridge, inside the outer
curtain walls of the castle but outside the Keep proper. Part of the
reason why caravans don't usually go up there is because of the winding
road you have to take to get up to the castle. (Euper has a wooden
stockade protecting it, but nothing fancier.) Some of the directions
that characters give to Yvarra in this story seem to imply that the Keep

is practically next door, when in fact it's a long walk up the mountain
to get there.

>>>Euper has a curtain wall of it's own and not just a stockade! Check
the MK wiki entry for it! I've always pictured like a typical medieval
town with crowded, crooked streets.

This is a quote from the wiki:
"It is an important enough place to have it’s own curtain walls which
connect to the castles curtain wall. Euper is an independent town with
it’s own mayor and militia unlike the town ward which is considered just
a part of the castle itself."

>>>http://mkworld.wikidot.com/places:euper

>>>Also the outer curtain wall of the Castle IS next door to Euper but
it is a considerable distance BELOW and like Raven said a long walk up
to the outer gate. Thru that and thru the Killing ground to the Outer
ward. Then thru the Outer ward to the inner ward and THERE is THE Keep
with it's freaky variable geometry.

>>>We really need to come up with a solid map of Euper. Anyone up to a
little drawing?

   Hope this helps.

   Chris
   The Lurking Fox