[Mkguild] Economy

Michael Bard bard.michael at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 00:38:49 EST 2008

It's probably a stupid question, but WHAT DOES METAMOR EXPORT?

It's a bastion to defend the countries against the barabrous wastes.  Fine.
The counties don't like it because of the curse, but they let it survive
because it's useful.

As far as I can tell, there is no real mining or forestry industry, or cloth
or leather or dye.  It is not a big trade centre being at the far end of the
trade routes.  It can't export people due to the curse.  It isn't on a river
so everything has to be shipped slowly and expensively by land.  It is not a
major religious or cultural centre.  It's really just a self-sufficient
armed camp.

So, why is the state of Metamor not bankrupt?

Michael Bard

Note: This came out of thoughts about the Fall Fair and why it is, other
than becuase writers want to have one.  Can't be a merchant/trading fair.
People don't want it to be a military demonstration/contest/joust.  Other
than weaponsmiths I can't think of any world famous craftsman, or any craft
or skill that Metamor is known for...