[Mkguild] Metamor Keep Preliminary Map and Assumptions

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Mon Jan 7 18:04:22 EST 2008

> > P.S. Assuming the burning occured in December of "last year".  If
> > reconstruction started IMMEDIATELY (say Jan 1), and the Fall
> Festival is set
> > for Sept, that leaves EIGHT months.  It is not physically possible to
> > rebuild everything in 8 months.  Even if the physical structures could be,
> > people wouldn't come BACK in that time!
> >

>Talking animals shouldn't be "possible" either. ;)
>
>But hey, he's got a point here.  Any ideas we can come up with to
>explain away the speedy recovery?
>
>Some ideas:
>
>- 'Taurs.  'Taurs are generally huge and built to work.  Maybe Misha
>starts training animal morphs to learn their 'taur transformation so
>they can help with moving heavy objects around.
>
>- Magic!  Plot hole?  A wizard did it!  We've got Burris in Glen Avery
>who can turn trees into houses.  Maybe the keep has a couple of
>"construction mages" or something. ;)
>
>Just some thoughts.

It was my understanding that the devastation caused by the fires was
not nearly as extensive as that.  Yes, many sections were burned, but
many also survived.  Keep in mind that these fires were supposedly
set in the middle of a blizzard!  They were not going to consume all
of the city.  In fact, in my own stories I have pointed out many
parts of the city that were not touched by the fires.  I am sure many
part sof Euper were spared.