[Mkguild] Metamor Keep Preliminary Map and Assumptions

Raven Blackmane ravenb at transform.to
Tue Jan 8 00:10:20 EST 2008

Michael Bard wrote:
> Going by my rough map, assume that Metamor Keep is on the northernmost
> point, where the Lutins come from.
One note about this: Metamor Keep is not actually at the northernmost
point of the valley; it's just at the narrowest point, and therefore the
most easily defensible. There are ruins of a more extensive
fortification at the northern end of the valley (known as the Giants'
Dike), which still slows down invading armies but doesn't stop them.
Metamor Ridge is actually about 4-5 miles south of the dike. The
northern part of the valley has a few notable settlements and some
farms, but also a lot of woods, and this makes it a hazardous area to
patrol. Most of the lutin raids take place in this northern portion of
the valley, and thus that's also where most of the patrols take place
... though lutins have been known to sneak further south in the valley
to strike against caravans. It's a lot easier to move a raiding party
unnoticed than to move a horde. :)

Interesting note: Glen Avery is arguably the most vulnerable location in
the Valley, with its open town planning and with trees on all sides ...
but the lutins haven't destroyed it yet. I'm guessing this is because
(A) they think the Glen is under the protection of the native spirits,
(B) the Glenners are so good at treetop movement that the lutins don't
stand much of a chance against their arrows, or (C) a combination of the
above. :)

Cheers,

Raven

--

"I love science, and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of
the subject or feel that choosing science means that you cannot also