[Mkguild] Metamor Laws and Customs (and Thieve's Guilds)

Chris chrisokane at verizon.net
Wed Jan 9 14:52:04 EST 2008

According to the Wiki information about MK, the ridge plateau is ~150'
up
from the ground below.  The walls are practically cliffs -- stated as
being
impossible to climb without rope (I wonder how Winter Assault got into
the
keep in the first place?  Hang gliders?)   The "Killing Zone" is
described
as a very unfriendly place that people try to get through as quickly as
possible.  So, merchants have to climb up some kind of road that climbs
150'
vertically in a fairly short horizontal distance (hence the
switchbacks), go
through the ominous Killing Grounds, and drive the length of "Metamor
Town"
before they can sell anything?

>>>A plot point that never seemed to get into the WA story involved
Nasoj's people using a tundra worm to tunnel under the northern part of
the curtain wall and collapse it. That created a pile debris the
attackers could climb up.

> The Festival grounds tend to be inside the curtain wll, as has been
> established in previous tales.  You know the merchants are going to
> want to go where the people are to sell their wares.

It is also stated in the Wiki under the map of the keep that "Metamor
Town"
is crammed with buildings.  Crammed with buildings does not a Festival
Grounds allow.  The Wiki also states that the commons (fields for
festivals
etc.) are outside the keep and Euper.

>>>This fair is taking place OUTSIDE the walls. I'll need to confirm
that with Hallan but I am pretty sure it's correct.

Now, given that "Metamor Town" is largely burned, I've left about half
of it
as either surviving and repaired, or rebuilt, and the rest as "levelled
and
removed" for materials, and for safety.  Thus, there now IS a commons
area
inside "Metamor Town".  There is also a market just inside the Killing
Fields where the farmers can stop dragging their carts and just sell
stuff
:)

What I think the intent is, is that the big caravans just go to Euper.
There is an unloading whereas local merchants lug the stuff up to the
keep
proper and sell it to the "rich Metamorans".  Regardless, due to the
stated
geography, it is a fair trip, at least an hour with a loaded cart given
the
slope.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/5/2008 11:46 AM