[Mkguild] New Story Arc to Bounce Around

Michael Bard bard.michael at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 11:37:17 EST 2008

My fever addled brain came up with another story arc idea once my current
one is finished.  As this one will affect everybody, I figured I'd better
post it here first before proceedingn further.  So, I wrote this quick
introductory snippet.

Thoughts?

Michael Bard

P.S. I had to name the planet something, so I grabbed "Mithras".  If the
nearest planet in the MK solar system has been named, please let me know.

--------------------------------

The claws click-clicked on the stone floor as the raccoon ran throught he
dark hallways of Metamor, his cloak streaming behind.  It was a strangely
short distance between the observatory and the duke's bed chamber, at least
compared to the usual.  The guards on the Duke's door weren't expecting
anything, and the frantic raccoon just shoved past them, breaking the wooden
doors open.

"Duke!  Duke!"

Duke Thomas rubbers his eyes, trying to figure what was going on as the
guards grabbed the racoon's arms.

"Let go of me!  This is important!" the royal astronomy screeched.

"You can talk to the Duke in the morning.  He needs--"

"Oh, let him go," Duke Thomas said.  "I'm awake--" he yawned, "--now."

The raccoon shook himself.  "Hmph!"  He turned to the Duke.  "sire, I saw
it!  I saw it with my own eyes!"

The Duke shook his muzzle.  "Calm down.  What did you see?"

"I was looking at Mithras, the Red Planet, like I always do.  And I saw it!"

"Saw what?!"

"A green flash in the sky!  A green flash coming from Mithras!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Sire, they're coming!  The Mithrians are coming!"

***

Across the gulf of space, minds immeasureably older than ours regarded this
keep with envious eyes, and slowly, and surely, they drew their plans
against us!