[Mkguild] More Snail Tales!

J Foley jcf2103 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 02:02:24 EDT 2008

Haha, I love it. My calc 2 teacher was big on math history and the history
of formal reasoning.
 Math societies were scary business post Rome with cult like loyalty.

2^(1/2) is an easier way of expressing the square root of two.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Michael Bard <bard.michael at gmail.com>wrot=
e:

> Not sure how canon this one is, but I did kinda check with Misha--
>
> Michael Bard
>
> --------------------
>
> Keeper of Secrets
>

> It was a dark moonless night.  Roger was sleeping lightly in the cold
> night.
> It was going to be tight whether or not he made it in the door by winter.
> Very /very/ tight.  Well, he'd hibernated before, and as long as the kids
> didn't built a giant snow fort around him that didn't melt until June,
> there
> wouldn't be a problem.
>

> Damn kids!
>

> "Klatu barado!"
>

> One eyestalk poked up and blinked as the other reacted similarly, looking
> around.  Was it that time already?
>

> "Klatu barado!"
>

> "Nicto," Roger called back.
>

> There was a shuffle in the bushes and a black-cloaked raccoon pushed his
> way
> out.  "Hail brother!"
>

> "Hail!"
>

> "We have the next thousand digits ready, brother!  Are you prepared?"
>

> "I am ready brother."
>

> "May the Irrational Transcendental bless us all!  All hail the word of
> Pythagoras brought to us by the fox"
>

> "All hail the mighty Pythagoras!"
>

> With that, the raccoon handed over a tightly rolled piece of parchment.
> Turning, cloak billowing, he fled back into the darkness.
>

> Roger slowly unrolled the parchment and held it up, looking at its black
> surface.  The numbers were there.  More in the endless series of the -- he
> refused to even think it!  A number too holy and too secret to ever be
> spoken, or to ever be whispered to outsiders.
>

> With that, rolling the parchment up, he pulled himself into his shell, and
> pushed it back into the nearly completely compartment.  In a few days he
> would seal it off, his shell growing ever larger.
>

> And the mysteries of Irrational Transcendentalism would be safe for ever!
>

> All hail the mysterious power of the square root of two!
>

> END

-- =

He who laughs lasts.