[Mkguild] Metamor's planet

Raven Blackmane ravenb at metamorcity.com
Sun Oct 26 22:10:22 EDT 2008

Metamor's planet is called "Earth" for the sake of convenience. For me,
it also carries the idea that this is Earth-as-it-might-have-been, which
is something that we see hinted at in the numerous parallels to our own
world.

There IS a world map for Metamor, and has been for years. You can find
the most recent version here:

http://transform.to/~ravenb/pics/mkworld_political.jpg

There are five inhabited continents, and Metamor is on Galendor, the
largest of these (and the first one for which we had a map).

The planet is much like Earth in all relevant aspects. There are eight
other known planets in the solar system; the two outermost planets are
not visible from Earth with current technology, but humans know about
them because the gods have passed down information about the general
arrangement of the solar system. The other planets are named after the
Titans, the ancient siblings of the Aedra and Daedra Lords; from
innermost to outermost, the planets are known as Fallos, Amara, Earth,
Mephisto, Malekis, Nathales, Salestra, Lykos, and Reshina. The earth's
moon is named after Celine, the ninth Titan, who is associated with that
body in the ancient myths.

Cheers,

Raven

"I love science, and it pains me to think that so many are terrified of
the subject or feel that choosing science means that you cannot also
choose compassion, or the arts, or be awed by nature. Science is not
meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and reinvigorate it."
--Robert Sapolsky