[Mkguild] Harvest festival 'taur pulling contest

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Mon Sep 1 09:37:57 EDT 2008

> From what I remember... Stealth, Hallan, and Fox Cutter (though he
> does have a lame leg and probably won't compete) all have taur
> forms and are on the wiki. Also Matthias lies, he has several taur
> characters he created that won't be off on his crazy adventure. He
> may have forgotten about the event in Glen Avery that led to many
> of the males learning taur form, but I haven't. I can't remember
> any in particular about which ones or which story it was, but I
> seem to remember some of Misha's longs picking up the trick as
> well. The story is somewhere between WA and Lineaments of the
> Coming Night and is by Charles Matthias. Aside from that you can
> always draft the odd keeper or so just to pull in extras.

I assure you of my honesty in this matter!

While it is true that in the story "Parlay" I did feature a taur
dance at Glen Avery in which several Glenners and Long Scouts took
the taur form, it is also the case that none of my characters that
can attain such a form are present for the Harvest Festival.  Those
that can are either off on my crazy adventure or are spending the
Festival at the glen.  And those in Parlay who are at Metamor and can
be a taur are not my characters!

That siad, I'm sure the use of random characters from the city would
work.  I'm sure others would be like Hallan and find the taur form an
attractive and useful alternate shape for their daily chores.

Plus, this gives some fo you the opportunity to write a non-canine or
non-vulpine character.  That surely is worth the effort! ;-)