Fwd: [Mkguild] The Last Tale of Yajakali - Chapter LXV

JL Badgley tatsushu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:32:43 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: JL Badgley <tatsushu at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: [Mkguild] The Last Tale of Yajakali - Chapter LXV
To: Kendo Virmir <kendo.virmir at gmail.com>

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Kendo Virmir <kendo.virmir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Metamor has always been about people adjusting to their old lives with
> new, oftentimes "wrong" forms.  It doesn't seem right for an entire
> group to avoid this problem.

I agree... and at the same time, if Eli exists in the MK world, He
would have the power to do something like this.

I imagine that, just as churches today have to deal with changing
pressures, that clergy of the MK world will have to deal with it as
well.  Perhaps not right away--and Eli in His wisdom could perhaps be
delaying the inevitable to allow His church to get through the current
crisis.  However, I don't see such protection lasting in perpetuity;
from a story point of view if only because the consequences of the
curse in this context would be such a great catalyst to explorer
facets of human nature, prejudice, tradition, etc.

-Tatsushu