[Mkguild] House Broken Part 2

Stealth stealthcat15 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 22:59:04 EDT 2009

Next part.

It was a long and tiering trip back to the keep. While Arluth and Roderick
listened in and cringed, Terrant tried to focus on guiding the horse drawn
carriage. The task of supervising the felines was left to the canine,
Bridgette. The maned wolf barred herself in with the cubs and did her best
to control them. When she failed utterly to do so she let them be while they
tortured each other.

    Bridgette sighed as she watched the cub, Edmund. When the keepers found
her she was but an animal and a child. She was lead to a place that smelled
of what she has come to know as incense. It was there the cheetah found her
and took her in as his student, teaching her how to talk, how to read and
how to live as a normal person, like she=92d surely once been. Would she now
need to teach him? Would she be teaching HIM everything he had taught HER?

    The thought frightened her more and more as she watched him play like an
animal and a child. The behaviour of the cheetahs confused her slightly; one
moment they would be biting and pulling each other=92s fur, the next they=
=92d be
grooming and nuzzling each other. At one point she asked through the window
why they continually fought and then made up. Terrant explained it was only
play fighting to hone their skills as hunters. Roderick =96 the only other
feline among them at the time pondered to himself what it would mean if he
had children, would they be as wild and fight all the time?

    Terrant led the carriage into the stables. She had the doors closed and
instructed Arluth to be ready at the door to the carriage just in case but
Bridgette emerged with two napping felines held in her arms.

    Bridgette looked up at the knight, eyes pleading, =93What do I do?=94

    Terrant motioned for Arluth to take the cubs. The morph had no trouble
doing so with his spindly and numerous limbs.

    Bridgette reached out with a paw, almost like a mother loosing her
child. Terrant held her by the shoulders, =93He will be good as new, you=92=
ll
see.=94 Honestly, she had no idea but hid her angst well, =93We all want th=
em to
get better, I=92ll pray tonight in the chapel.=94

    Bridgette nodded and hugged Terrant for much needed comfort, =93I just
don=92t want him to go through what happened to me.=94

    =93He=92ll be fine, you=92ll see.=94 The knight said firmly and gave th=
e wolf=92s
back a reassuring rub.

    =93But what do we do with them?=94 Arluth whispered, =93We=92re no baby=
 sitters
and should the men see him like this?!=94 He asked and motioned to one of t=
he
curled up cubs.

    Terrant took a deep breath. With a start she realised she was in command
and would be so until her leader regained his mature mind. The thought would
be impacting enough on its own but under the circumstances...

    =93Sir?=94 Roderick asked.

    =93Cover them with a blanket and take them to Long House; I=92ll ask Mi=
sha
for help.=94

    Arluth cringed as he juggled the cheetahs, =93Is it wise to get him
involved in this?=94

    =93Well you said we can=92t let the men see him like this, and then the=
re=92s
the Paladin order he belongs to... it was difficult enough for Edmund to
retain his place in the order after the curse, what if they find out Eli=92s
warrior has been reduced, by more magic, to THAT.=94 She asked calmly and
pointed to Edmund sleeping in two of the morph=92s arms.

    Arluth cringed again and nodded as he watched his leader fidgeting =96 =
the
cub seemed to be having some sort of dream.

    Terrant nodded meaningfully, =93Besides, Misha considers Edmund and
Stealth good friends and we do need his help.=94

    =93CAN he help us?=94 Roderick asked, his tail slightly puffed up and
swaying back and forth.

    She shrugged, =93The old fox is bound to have an idea hidden somewhere =
in
his fluffy tail.=94

----------------------------------

    Hidden within blankets the Paladin Knight, Sir Edmund Delacot was
transported to the chambers of Misha Brightleaf. Under Sir Terrant=92s orde=
rs
the contents of the blankets were kept a secret until the fox scout arrived.

    =93Huh?=94 Misha asked as the follower knight explained the situation.

    Misha looked at the bundle deposited on the table in the centre of his
apartment. The fox jerked his head back as it began to move and twitch.
After a moment a small and fluffy feline head popped out of the bundle, big
round eyes staring at the vulpine.

    =93Ack!=94 Misha cried as the cub leaped forth from the confines of the
blanket and latched onto his head. =93Eee!=94 The fox flailed about before
loosing balance and falling on his tail, the cheetah scurrying away,
unharmed.

    Caroline sighed and wiggled her webbed fingers at the energetic feline,
=93So who=92s this?=94

    =93I think that one is Stealth.=94 Terrant answered.

    The cub had rolled onto his back, batting and biting at the wiggling
things. Slowly another cub emerged from the bundle on the table, curious
eyes scanning everything in the room.

    =93This is Edmund?=94 Misha asked, confused, as he looked at the quiet =
cat
on the table.

    The cheetah squeaked in response and licked the Long=92s nose. Edmund
jumped down from the table top and looked at Stealth flailing about on the
floor. After a moment of contemplation the cub pounced the one rolling on
the floor.

    =93Aren=92t they adorable?=94 The otter asked as she watched them play.

    =93Hmm...=94 Misha answered as Caroline picked up Stealth by the scruff=
 and
held him in her arms.

    The cheetah lay there, looking confused until the otter held him out to
the fox. Upon doing so, Stealth began flailing about, swiping at Misha.

    =93Will our kids be like this, love?=94 The fox asked ashen as the cub =
bat
at his muzzle and bit his whiskers.

    =93Were you like this when you were young?=94 Caroline asked.

    =93I hope not!=94 Misha answered. =93Are they stuck in this form or wha=
t?=94

    Terrant shrugged, =93They=92re kids, they=92re curious.=94

    Misha nodded as he restrained Stealth, the cheetah began clawing his way
towards the Long=92s bushy tail.

    =93Now boys, that=92s enough. I want you two to shift, NOW.=94 Caroline
ordered.

    They both looked up at her with cub eyes and the otter responded with a
cold and unrelenting glare. Heads down, the two shifted until they resembled
humanoid children. She nodded and walked toward the door.

    =93Wait!=94 Misha called out, =93Where are you going?=94

    Caroline turned around, =93To get Lisa, silly, She HAS kids and can hel=
p,
also she=92ll hopefully have something they can wear.=94

    Before opening the door Caroline noticed Bridgette stood close by, the
maned wolf glanced at the otter and gave a faint smile but otherwise turned
back and remained unreadable.

    When the otter returned to the room she had a child in tow. Lisa looked
at the two anthro cheetah cubs and gasped =96 she=92d been told but she did=
n=92t
believe it. Regardless, the AR had a number of hand-me-downs for them to try
on =96 whether they belonged to her or her children Caroline didn=92t know =
but
they found a matching pair of clothes that fit. With newly fashioned tail
holes, Edmund and Stealth were dressed in adorable overalls that were held
together by large buttons.

    =93I don=92t know if it=92s a good idea to let people know Edmund is a =
cub.=94
Terrant said, =93Until they revert back I want everyone to stick to a story,
let=92s say... they=92re orphans from a lutin or bandit attack in the outly=
ing
areas. We named them after our own, local cheetahs.=94

    Misha turned his head down and frowned, =93I would believe that...=94

    =93What do we do now?=94 Arluth asked. The two soldiers had been standi=
ng
guard and had remained silent, along with Bridgette.

    =93We look after them as we would children, until they grow up.=94 Caro=
line
pointed out.

    A knock at the door startled them. Misha rushed to the door and opened
it just enough to stick his muzzle out, =93Yes?=94

    =93Sir, you told me to give you a reminder.=94 A boy answered, looking =
up at
him.

    =93Ah...=94 The fox blinked.

    The scribe handed the fox scout a letter with his own seal on the
envelope. Misha thanked the boy in confusion and closed the door, breaking
the seal to read the letter.

    =93Hmmm, Ack!=94 The fox exclaimed. =93We=92re meeting Jenn and Andre f=
or dinner
tonight.=94

    Caroline nodded, =93Thank the gods you remembered this time...=94

    =93I have a bad memory but I always write lots of notes.=94 Misha count=
ered.
=93But we must get ready.=94

    Terrant nodded, =93I=92ve delayed long enough here; I need to get back =
the barracks and sort things in Edmund=92s stead. You two,=94 She pointed t=
o the
soldiers, =93Come with me, we don=92t need an armed presence in Long House.=
=94

    Caroline grabbed Bridgette by the shoulder, =93Why don=92t you come wit=
h us
to dinner? They=92ll be fine here with Lisa, just forget your worries and
enjoy a night out.=94

    =93H-how can I?=94 She asked softly as she looked at the cub, Edmund.

    =93I think you need it.=94 Misha said.

    The maned wolf took one last look at Edmund and sighed, allowing herself
to be escorted out of the room by the otter to be dressed in something nice
for the evening. The three soldiers followed, until only Misha, the cheetahs
and the AR remained.

    Misha prepared to get ready for his dinner date when he felt a sharp
sting and yelped in pain.

    Stealth had the vulpine=92s tail in his hands and bit down hard on the
middle of it. A second later Caroline returned, swinging the door open. When
she found one of the felines happily gnawing on Misha=92s tail the otter sh=
ook
her head and closed it again.

    Lisa wrestled Stealth free of her leader and brought him to stand next
to Edmund. Without the need to crouch down the woman addressed the both of
them, =93How would you two like some cookies?=94

    =93Chocolate cookies?=94 Edmund asked.

    When the Long nodded the two of them perked up.

    =93But you must behave, okay?=94

    The cubs nodded vigorously.

    =93Now you two be good.=94 Misha said as he combed his head fur in the
mirror.

    =93We will papa fox.=94 Stealth said and excitedly followed after Edmun=
d as
Lisa led them to the mess hall.

    =93Papa fox.=94 Misha repeated to himself as he stared into the mirror.=
 The
fox laughed and shook his head, heading to his wardrobe to retrieve a good
tunic.

----------------------------------

    When the cubs entered Long Hall they stopped to gawk at the mammoth
cavity. The kitchen was ahead of them at the short end of the hall, the
armoury was on the wall to the left. Cookies forgotten for the time being,
Stealth batted Edmund=92s ear and ran off into the hall.

    Edmund chirped and gave chase.

    =93Oh dear...=94 Lisa mumbled. The AR continued to the opposite hallway=
 and
called out to the two, =93Hey you two! The... The floors are about to give =
way
to a bottomless pit, you have to get to this arch in ten seconds!=94

    The cubs perked up. By this time they were clear to the other side of
the hall but their ears picked up everything.

    =93Ten!=94

    The cheetahs raced across the green carpet.

    =93Nine!=94

    Stealth was in the lead!

    =93Eight!=94

    Edmund overtook him...

    =93Seven!=94

    At that moment they reached the arch, panting for breath.

    =93Good now lets-=94

    =93Uh-uh!=94 Stealth said between breaths, =93We=92re not on the arch y=
et!=94

    The Long rolled her eyes, =93Six, five, four, three, two, one... zero!=
=94

    The two instantly jumped on =91one=92 and landed in the corridor leadin=
g to
the kitchen on =91zero=92. After landing on the stone path they giggled and=
 ran
back out into Long Hall.

    =93I=92m falling down!!!=94 Stealth said and spun about, flailing his a=
rms.

    =93The monster=92s got you! Bottomless pit monster!=94 Edmund exclaimed=
 and
swung about an imaginary sword.

    =93Oh, gods...=94 Lisa groaned.

    The AR eventually used her fine tuned-mother=92s wit to coax them into =
the
kitchens where she could keep a close eye on them. Diane was busy preparing
trail rations when the cubs invaded her kitchen. The AR=92d chef of the Long
House kitchen scolded them for running about and told them to be careful or
they=92d hurt themselves. After a few minutes in which the cheetahs demanded
their cookies and fought with =91muffin monsters=92 around the prep area on=
e of
the children did sustain an injury.

    The chef lay sprawled on her back after slipping in spilled flour left
by the cubs.

    =93Diane! Diane, I=92m so sorry!=94 Lisa said as she rushed to the woma=
n=92s
side.

    Stealth and Edmund crowded the women, trying to help though just getting
in the way.

    =93You two, get Jotham NOW!=94 Lisa ordered, =93This isn=92t a game, th=
is is
important.=94

    They both jumped to their feet and ran down the hall in search of the
healer.

    Jotham was in his room when the pair came running and jumping, crying
out about a hurt =91cookie-lady=92. The GM had no idea who these children
belonged to but she set the thought aside and retrieved the medical kit.

    =93Show me where!=94 The man said and blinked when less then a moment l=
ater
they bolted down the hall.

    The cubs ran left even though Long Hall and the hall leading to the
kitchen were to the right but sure enough the left passage lead straight to
the kitchens too. The entire hallway connecting Long Hall, the mess hall and
the apartments was one infinite loop that lead in a straight line running
both directions.

    Once in the kitchen the cheetahs watched on in silence while the three
humans murmured and grunted.

    =93I=92ll take you to the infirmary, Lisa I need your help. Be gentle w=
ith
her until we figure out the extent of the injury.=94

    Lisa nodded and the two of them carefully moved the injured woman to the
infirmary. =93You two!=94 She called out to the cubs, =93go back to Misha=
=92s room
and wait there! Don=92t touch anything, just have a nap and wait for me to
return.=94

    =93Yes Aunty Lisa.=94 Edmund said.

    =93Now don=92t get into trouble!=94 She scolded.

    Stealth made cub eyes at the departing Longs, =93We won=92t...=94

    After the cubs left Lisa pondered, =93I think I=92ve made a critical er=
ror.=94

----------------------------------

    Several minutes later a small head poked up from behind a table. Stealth
motioned to Edmund, =93Coast is clear.=94 He whispered.

    The Long Guards had somehow been tipped off to the cubs=92 absence from
Misha=92s apartment and so they travelled Long House ever mindful of detect=
ion
but they managed to remain one step ahead of the guards.

    Edmund appeared from behind his friend and scurried over to a bench.
=93Yuck!=94 He said looking over the rations, =93It=92s full of grass and s=
tuff.=94

    =93Worms and snails?=94 Stealth asked and shivered.

    =93Nah, just gross stuff.=94 The cheetah ran over to a nearby passage.

    The passage lead to many store rooms, Edmund entered the closest open
room.

    =93Are there cookies in here?=94 Stealth asked, following behind.

    =93Big bags.=94 Edmund answered.

    =93I want cookies!=94

    =93Let=92s MAKE cookies then!=94

    =93Yeah!=94 Stealth said in excitement and dragged a large bag of wheat
while Edmund dragged a similar sized sack of flour.

    Slowly, bit by bit, they brought forth eggs, milk and other things they
assumed went in to cookies... all the while the Long Guards gave the room a
cursory glance and never saw anything =96 seeing as the cubs were in the st=
ore
rooms half the time and their scent was naturally weak; the guards knew
they=92d been in the kitchen earlier and pinned down the scent they=92d det=
ected
to that.

    After the ingredients were accumulated they set to work to put things
together. Stealth beat a bag of sugar with a wooden spoon while Edmund
carried over a bowl bigger then his head. The sugar bag suddenly burst open
and spilled onto the floor.

    =93Sugar!=94 Stealth said and began eating pawfuls of the white crystal=
s.

    Edmund responded by placing the bowl on his friend=92s head. Stealth
walked about for a bit until he fell into the bag of flour. After flailing
about he succeeded in removing the bowl and cut a gaping hole in the flour
sack before throwing large amounts of it at the child-knight, most of which
just fell everywhere else. Edmund opened his bag of wheat and threw grain.
As they ran out of ingredients the cubs moved on to more imaginative and
messier weapons.

----------------------------------

    =93Now don=92t you feel better?=94 Caroline soothingly asked the troubl=
ed
canine.

    Bridgette nodded though she didn=92t do a convincing job of it.

    =93Don=92t worry, Bridgette, Edmund will be back to his old self in no =
time
and I=92m sure Lisa is taking good care of him.=94

    As the well dressed party approached the door to Long House a concerned
Long Guard ran up to them instead of waiting at his post, =93Sir! You must
come quickly!=94

    Bridgette=92s ears folded and she gasped though Caroline tried to give =
her
a comforting pat on the back.

    =93What=92s wrong?!=94 The fox demanded.

    =93This way!=94 The AR answered.

    The three morphs were lead quickly to the mess hall and gagged at the
sight. The floors, walls and bench tops of Diane=92s kitchen were covered in
flour, milk, wheat, sugar, eggs, dried fruits, oats and several
unidentifiable types of food.

    =93Where are they?!=94 Misha snarled, =93Why wasn=92t anyone watching t=
hem!?=94

    The child like guard cowered, =93We... we can=92t find them.=94 He said=
 in a
whisper.

    =93What do you mean you can=92t find them?!!! I want a full search of L=
ong
House now!=94 The boy quickly scurried off. After he left Misha closed his
eyes and sniffed at the air, =93Damn, all I can smell is milk and eggs!=94

    Caroline grinned, =93I think I know where they are.=94

    The otter turned and walked up to the nearest pantry, minding the mess
she opened the doors. Inside were two cheetah cubs, covered in more or less
everything just like the kitchen. The cubs looked up with wide frightful
eyes and huddled together against the scary grownups.

    =93We were making cookies.=94 Edmund said.

    Caroline rested her hands on her knees, kneeling down slightly to their
level, =93I will make you some cookies.=94

    =93Can we help?=94 Stealth asked.

    =93No...=94 The otter began, =93I have a much more important job for yo=
u.=94

    =93A bath!=94 Misha said.

    At the mention of cleanliness the cheetahs trembled in alarm and burst
out of the cabinet, getting Caroline=92s lovely dress dirty.

    As the cubs disappeared down the hall, Carol turned slowly to face the
fox, dress ruined, eyes glowering.

    =93Ah...=94 Misha said and scratched his head fur, =93Oops!=94