[Mkguild] House Broken Part 3

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Wed Apr 8 17:40:07 EDT 2009

> > It's not just dangerous because of people wanting to be young again...
> > Think of its capabilities as a strategic first-strike command structure
> > decapitating weapon. Slip some to an enemy general or king just before a
> > battle, and suddenly your opponent's army is led by a child.  Catastrophic.
> > And even just the rumors of such a thing having been created once...
> > accidents can be duplicated.
> >

>Honestly, I seriously doubt such rumors would have much impact, if
>*any* at all, coming from a place in which one third of the population
>is *already* cursed to such a fate. ;)
>
>Also I would think it would be slightly more devastating (as well as
>practical) to slip the king plain old poison while you're at it. ;)
>
>We've already have cases of non-curse animal transformation spells
>outside Metamor.  I'd be very surprised if we didn't have quirky age
>regression or even trasgender spells were out there too, temporary or
>not.  Especially in such a magic-based setting.

I would like to take a moment to remind everybody that one of the
justifications for people viewing those cursed by Metamor as demons
and the like is that in most other parts of the world, transformation
magic is feared.  For good reasons or not, it is feared and
shunned.  And so, let's try and limit the number of times we TF
outside of Metamor, or at the very least, not make it a ready excuse
for whatever new TF we want to do.

That said, I greatly enjoyed this tale and don't think there's
anything necessarily wrong with it.  But I think Stealth should write
a few more stories where he doesn't change into some new shape. ;-)