[Mkguild] Dire Situation Part 4

Kit stormkit10 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:50:19 EDT 2009

Well it took me a while, but I finally managed to catch up on your flow of
stories and I must say it's pretty good. I like the idea of your amulet and
had actually been thinking of something like it myself for a while, but the
thing I like most about this story? You introdocued a new form! It's always
good to see people experimenting and expanding the boundaries of limitations
(you know... assuming they actually ARE expanding and not just shattering it
altogether) and it's kind of nice to see Misha get shown up. When the dire
form came up in the chatroom (was that YOU who brought it up? I can't even
remember anymore), I thought it was a really nifty idea, but I had no idea
anything would actually be done about it, especially not so soon (no offense
MK, but when one year of real time manages to barely make it through a
season, you don't get rewards for speed :P). So now that we've discovered a
new form, what are the drawbacks? Obviously the pluses include greater
strength and speed than the taur form, but minus the dexterity (look ma, no
hands!). Seems like a relatively good trade, but you also need to consider
that both these forms are way better than the two normal ones (and anything
in between, such as what Stealth exhibited near the beginning). Both do sort
of have the disadvantage of greater size meaning less maneuverability,
greater target, etc, but it's not enough of a drawback to counter the
extreme benefits. Taur makes up for this by being really hard to use. After
all, six limbs is really difficult to coordinate properly under normal
conditions, let alone something stressful like battle or strenuous activity
where you're distracted. Dire on the other hand has no such thing, it's just
like the morph form, but bigger, better, and stronger, where's the flaw?
Nothing kills a story faster than an overpowered character with no
drawbacks.

On another note, do you remember I told you once that an upcoming character
of mine (and myself also to a partial extent) thought your suit was somewhat
silly, impractical, and altogether needing a redesign? Well this was it. I
like the new suit very much and my character Kit (like any self respecting
scholar in this verse) will just be dying to figure out how it works. Heck,
he semi-specializes in power storage and could probably help out with the
suit's problem of turning to lead without warning if you let him. Anyway,
great story, I really liked it and look forward to more. See you in tonights
chat (hopefully).

Kit

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Stealth <stealthcat15 at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
nlui
> was absent.
>
>     Edmund hissed and jumped back on his paws when a jagged blade swept
> past him. The knight turned to his right and saw the cold, empty gaze of =
the
> unholy warrior. The Daedraenlui stared at Edmund motionless and silent wh=
ile
> three more bandits emerged around him. The thieves looked at each other a=
nd
> the anti paladin uncertain until one of them bolted.
>
>     No sooner had the long tailed weasel moved the Daedraenlui merely
> stepped on said tail and jammed his serrated blade into the morph=92s bac=
k,
> lifting the sword like a crow bar and prying a portion of spine free.
>
>     =93Stand your ground.=94 He said calmly as the morph collapsed in spa=
sms.

>     The other two looked at each other with a great deal more fear and ran
> at the same time. The Daedraenlui instantly drew out a chain and twirled =
it
> about, it wrapped around and sliced open one man=92s chest and he cried o=
ut as
> he fell, the unholy warrior swung it about in the same instant, wrapping =
it
> around the neck of the second. With a simple tug, the chain drew back
> causing the morph=92s head to twist and spin free of his body.
>
>     The paladin hissed and drove his sword toward the evil warrior. His
> blow was easily deflected as was expected. Edmund used the momentum to sp=
in
> his blade about and try to take the Daedraenlui=92s head but his opponent
> ducked and they soon stood opposite each other. Edmund=92s ears twitched =
> the startled cries behind him. The knight seethed when he realised Stealth
> had ignored his order and engaged the bandits directly.
>
>     He blocked out the thought as he twirled with the Daedra warrior and
> exchanged blows. As Edmund countered attack after attack he began to tire
> but the =91anti paladin=92 showed no sign of tiring. The cheetah began to=
 loose
> ground and panted with the exertion.
>
>     =91Eli, give me... strength?=92 The knight=92s eyes widened as a gian=
t animal
> rose up behind his opponent like a wave and crashed into the Daedraenlui =
who
> slammed into the ground and slid to a halt at Edmund=92s paws.
>
>     The man was almost crushed under the weight of the dire cheetah.
> Stealth snarled at the anti-paladin, eyes wide with the thrill of the hun=
t.
> The giant animal craned its neck down and opened its jaws wide around the
> neck of the frightened Daedraenlui.
>
>     =93STEALTH! NO!=94 Edmund shouted at the cat.
>
>     Stealth jerked his head back and blinked, =93Oh, sorry. I forgot.=94 =
He put