[Mkguild] Dire Situation Part 4

Kit stormkit10 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 21:58:29 EDT 2009

The way I understand this, the 'dire' form which I will call it for current
lack of better vocabulary, is essentially just the morphic form of the by
now well known taur form. It would be subsequent to all the 'king kong"
syndromes one would expect come from a bigger size. Which is to say, yeah
it's bigger and stronger, but that doesn't instantly make it better. For
something like the cheetah which is built for high speed from low mass, the
higher mass is a large disadvantage as Kamau pointed out. For one, a larger
creature would be less agile by default, and in Stealth's particular case it
would probably tire out very quickly. Even just considering physical
aspects, 'dire' is not equivalent to an upgrade and would not likely be used
in a widespread group of people.

Furthermore, with the body several times as large, the curse's affect on the
mind would also be several times more powerful whereas the counter would
consider it just the normal morphic form and put out the normal amount of
power. That part is part of a personal working theory of mine that nothing
has yet proved wrong, but theory or not, the net result is that a keeper in
the 'dire' form isn't much better than an animal in mind. This would make
use of this form even MORE discouraged than before as muddled thinking on
the battlefield or anywhere else could be deadly, especially in the cases of
prey type keepers who would likely end up frozen in fear. Essentially it's
much the same as the taur form in this regard, incredibly difficult to
control in most situations without a lot of practice. The main difference is
that the 'dire' must battle with his mind rather than battling with his
unfamiliar body. For many keepers, this bigger form is nothing more than a
bigger target.

As for what you are talking about Hallan, considering all the disadvantages
inherent in this so called 'dire' form, I'm certain that you can figure out
enough ways around these and 'bonus features' or what have you that what you
have in mind will no more be diminished by the pre-established 'dires' than
an MK47 is diminished by the pre-established longbow or even crossbow. I
believe that similar to the taur form, this new form can work as an
established part of the MK verse so long as we keep it in check. I hope that
this settles any problem you might have with the issue, because I think it's
an interesting idea that I would enjoy seeing every once in a while in MK,
just not in myself or too overpowered ^_^. Few things kill a universe
setting so quickly as superman syndrome.

Kit