[Mkguild] MK & Kindle

Kendo Virmir kendo.virmir at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 02:00:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 7:42 PM, {Kai Adin} <kai.thecubster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another alternative is to copy the text into a plain text file and
> just chuck that on, but you lose any special formatting and such, or
> Save the web page as a HTML file, but you'll get the annoying borders
> and tables. (I dunno if the Kindle can read those formats, but I know
> 90% of other brands do).

If there is demand, I can make a "print friendly" link on the story
headers that will pop up a new window with minimal formatting and no
tables.  If people like this idea, come poke me on #MKGuild (and keep
poking me until it gets done). ;)

Ryx, another alternative you may consider is a PDA.  I bought a cheap,
outdated PDA (Palm Tungsten T) on ebay years back and have read 75% of
the MK archives on it, plus dozens of novels and hundreds of short
stories.  Everything I read is just a plain text file (copy + paste
from a webpage or email) converted to a proprietary format readable on
the PDA (all of this freeware).  Plus the thing is much smaller and
more portable than an E-reader.  Of course, it doesn't have quite the
battery life.  Just wanted to throw another option out there. :)

--
- Kendo Virmir
http://crimsonflagcomic.com -- My webcomic!

!DSPAM:4af38350174391804284693!