[Mkguild] MK & Kindle

{Kai Adin} kai.thecubster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 01:42:58 UTC 2009

Well I have an eReader (but not a Kindle, ad they're not sold
overseas) and I basically use a freeware PDF printer to print the
stories straight from the site on the the SD card of my iRex DR1000s.

I cant really say anything except that you might want to consider
getting the eReaders with a 9" or 10" or screen (Like the Kindle DX) ,
as PDF's formatted to A4/Legal (the default for Word and other PDF
printers) makes it hard to render on the smaller 6" eInk screens. You
could of course create custom profiles/fiddle with it to print smaller
sizes, but that's just a chore.

Another alternative is to copy the text into a plain text file and
just chuck that on, but you lose any special formatting and such, or
Save the web page as a HTML file, but you'll get the annoying borders
and tables. (I dunno if the Kindle can read those formats, but I know
90% of other brands do).

Anyway I hope this helps somewhat,
KaiAdin