[Mkguild] Metamor Keep story submission

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Mon Sep 7 13:40:28 UTC 2009

>This is my Metamor Keep story entry, Chapter One.

Hi Kiba,

Once again, welcome to Metamor Keep.  You've got an interesting
little tale developing here, and I wanted to commend you on being so
excited to have already submitted a work!

However, you also have a bit of editting that you're going to need to
do on this piece.  For instance, you frequently flip back and forth
between present and past tense.  This is very jarring to the reader
and I think is the biggest flaw in the work.  You have to fix
this.  Choose either past or present tense and stick with it.  I
recommend past tense because it is easier to write in.  A lot of the
present tense constructions can become awkward, but it is possible to
use (see Neal stephenson's "Cryptonomicon" for an example of a work
written entirely in present tense).

Also, I'm curious where Trenador is supposed to be.  Have you picked
a place on the maps for it?  I think that would help the rest of us
keepa  clear picture of what you are doing.

Good luck and I look forward to reading more!

!DSPAM:4aa50d29227501804284693!