[Mkguild] Idea for possible jumping-off point

Ryx sundansyr at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 08:25:52 UTC 2010

Well, bear in mind that there is still the conflicts being resolved among the
duchies of the Outer and Southern midlands, some of which are still in outright
war with one another (border baronies for the most part, but the tensions are
still high).  I am unsure if the machinations that would lead up to the war
presaging the Starfall arc are still in place.  Lilith has been effectively
removed from the war by Carcarac and other forces, but the two armies [that were
to be] raised by southern kingdoms are still an unknown.

Then there's the fact that Metamor has an as yet to be revealed Mithril mine
that is being improved from the ruin that Murikeer left behind in exposing it.
The first production would begin to trickle to Metamor's treasuries sometime in
the spring.
Once this news gets out Metamor could be facing a very real threat from anyone
with an army they think can secure the place.  The ONLY thing that prevents
Metamor from being overrun outright is the Curse, but with enough impressed
labor (read: convicts & slaves) an unscrupulous duke or even moneyed baron could
lay siege to Metamor from the south.

Overall the idea does have some merit that could be looked into, however,
depending on the long term plots currently under development by the current
writer base.  I am unsure what Matthias has in mind over the coming year(s) but
I, for one, have no concrete plots to develop.

As Thomas' chief adviser of magic Murikeer would likely be given the task of
determining if Metamor's curse has expanded or not.  In due time he will earn a
Knighthood for his efforts to aid Metamor, most likely after he helps cement a
lasting peace with the Lutins under the Ghost Horde (in 713 CR).