[Mkguild] Proposed redesign of the Mages' Guild Tower

Ian Jones Ian.Jones at valpo.edu
Thu Aug 19 19:58:16 UTC 2010

On Wednesday - August 18, 2010 at 4:26 PM, Skylos <skylos at gmail.com> wrote:
>Based on what I'm reading, it sounds like its a mobius hallway - if you run in a clockwise direction, you won't be running uphill, >you won't run downhill, but your ears will pop and you will find yourself entering the entrance hall from the other side.

Not true. If the hallway was a Mobius construct, you would walk to the attic on the top side of the stairway or ramp or whatever you use to get from one floor to another, and back down to the entrance hallway on the underside. Of course, you wouldn't notice the flip, and everything would be oriented away from what you think of as floor anyway.

The tower sounds like a dimensional circle, where either the top of the tower is a portal down to the basement or the whole thing is cuved about in a circle so that the top and bottom are connected while the tower itself remains geometrically straight. It's like the space around the tower is curved, but the tower itself isn't - from the point of view of the people walking through it.

Or the tower is a series of circles laid over one another through fancy dimensional manipulation. In that case, it'd just be like a regular circle, only you'd have to go around 720, 1080, 1440, etc. degrees of rotation before you got back to the beginning. Each 360 degree interval be a different floor, and would have its own customizable space (rooms and stuff). Each 360 degree would also be in its own little dimension, and they would be layered over each other with transitions between them where you would normally run out of circle.

If I have confused you, send me an email and I'll try and explain things. I can't promise any clarifying results; it's had to explain things like this without pictures.

Ian

!DSPAM:4c6d8ce0307942366718218!