[Mkguild] Back from Maine

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Sun Aug 22 23:15:27 UTC 2010

Hello my fellow Metamorians!

My wife and I have returned from our trip to Maine to celebrate our
tenth anniversary.  It was a wonderful trip and I will certainly
share more about it on FA and LJ at some future date.  Suffice it to
say, I wish I was still there in many ways.  The sea is enchanting,
and I found myself wishing to be able to go out to sea, or to work a
lobster trawler, or a lighthouse, or what not.  But that is not going
to come to pass, nor would it be the best use of my abilities!

But, all of that sea air has given me a few ideas for things I hope
to introduce soon.  For instance, I have a scene in mind for an
upcoming story that will begin with a lighthouse at the mouth of the
Metamor river.  I can picture it already very clearly.  I'll try to
explain there why the Metamor River is not used for commercial
traffic with the sea, as well as hopefully giving some detail to that
region (includig Menth) which has never really been explored, only
mentioned.  (I'm going to introduce a trio of brothers who all became
arctic sea birds too, becuase they're cool!)

I'm not asking people to stay away from that, just to let me know if
they want to do something there so we can coordinate.

But, I see this place has had some activity while I was away.  Back
to going through email!!

!DSPAM:4c71af8869551804284693!