[Mkguild] Proposed redesign of the Mages' Guild Tower

Christian Okane chrisokane at verizon.net
Mon Aug 23 17:46:48 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: mkguild-bounces at lists.integral.org
[mailto:mkguild-bounces at lists.integral.org] On Behalf Of C. Matthias
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:21 PM
To: Stealth; Metamor Keep
Subject: Re: [Mkguild] Proposed redesign of the Mages' Guild Tower

>http://stealthcat15.deviantart.com/#/d2wnm9z
>
>Idea carved out with Misha

A very interesting idea.  It would seem that if you cannot get form
one section of the tower to the other, that both can be thought of as
existing in juxtaposition with one another.  More Kyia messing with
everyone's heads as it were!

>>>And it's just plain cool!

Regarding the Mobius Strip idea for this ramp through the Mage
Tower.  I would like to point out that Mobius Strip's are
non-orientable surfaces, so if you followeds one long enough the
clock would be moving in the opposite direction to your
perspective.  In other words, the first time you'd pass a clock
everything would be its own mirror.  But since this idea is just
putting too much thought into the idea, I'll not pursue it.

I only have two questions for this: first, is this too much space for
the mage guild whose membership is not exactly well established at
this point?  I do not have any issue with the size, I'm merely
curious if this is the sort of thing that could expand as Metamor's
guild expands after so many died in the intervening years since Three
Gates.  Second, where would the practice room I created in "Never
Again a Man" fit into this?  I don't see any way for there to be a
room whose four entrances are all at the cardinal points as I specified.

>>>About the size. I am thinking that the Guild was once a lot larger then
it is now.

>>>As for the practice room perhaps that room is on the lowest floor of the
tower or has its own floor? Maybe its located somewhere else in the keep?

Just some thoughts,

Chris
The Lurking Fox

!DSPAM:4c72b41d267721122247586!