[Mkguild] Rebuilding the Mage's Guild - Preface

Kamau jc2blion at taconic.net
Thu Sep 2 11:19:00 UTC 2010

It would appear from chat on #MKGuild and other IMs in the last few
nights that setting these events in the spring (late March to April) of
708 CR would be best.

A few of the reasons for this are:
1. This provides a time for the snows to have cleared thus making it
easier to travel to the Keep.

2. It sets the rebuild a year from the time the old Head Master would
have died from his WA injuries.

3. This places it in a time that will not overlap with at least two
other author's plots.

4. It would have a functional guild in place for an event that will
require a mustering of mages due to a threat that arises to the North.

So, that being said, anyone else looking to blend anything into the story?

Kamau

On 8/31/2010 11:31 AM, AmigaDragon wrote:
> Hello Kamau,
>
> Putting this on the list so others can feedback...
> I don't need the guild to be in any particular state at any particular
> time, I just need to know what its state is in early to mid January
> 708.
>
> Knowing the timeframe of your story will let us know whether Thanh
> will have any potential for influence over what happens in the guild
> before or after the rebuilding
>
> Saturday, August 28, 2010, 7:39:49 PM, you wrote:
>
> K>  If I'm not mistaken you're the other person, besides myself, who needs
> K>  the guild to be in place for things that happen in your story.  Thus we
> K>  could place this in the time line where it would work to your advantage.
> K>    I had been thinking it would be in the current time, spring of 708 CR,
> K>  but that could also be moved back some.  The most important factor would
> K>  be to keep it a year or more after Winter Assault so the Head Master has
> K>  a chance to make a mess of the guild.
>

> K>  On 8/28/2010 7:07 PM, AmigaDragon wrote:
>>> Hello Kamau,
>>>
>>> What is the timeframe of the story? If it's before January 708 I
>>> (currently) have nobody there yet to interact in the story.

!DSPAM:4c7f8826309242130720353!