[Mkguild] Spam mail :(

Ryx sundansyr at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 02:22:33 UTC 2011

Sorry for spamming the list, everyone.

There's a nifty new malware out there that is the first, ever, to successfully get around my defenses...  if you're browsing and have an open web-mail browser it doesn't even need your password; it detects the mail app, access the contact list, and spams it.
I'm furious beyond words, but there is utterly nothing that can be done but set up *additional* defenses.  (in addition to antivirus, anti malware/spyware, firewall, I've added the difficult-to-use Blocksite, NoScript, and Web of Trust applets to prevent this crap from happening again.)  It gets to the point where you're tying up more CPU cycles blocking constant attacks than actually running applications.

metacafe is the culprit.

!DSPAM:4ea76ef3186671804284693!