[Mkguild] A Preview of A Metamor Keep Mini-Series

kyle.vernon at gmail.com kyle.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:54:52 UTC 2012

It is my honor to present the first 8 pages of Tales Of The
Transblade's first chapter "The Fourth Curse"  by Hawl Enroygall

Metamor Keep:Tales Of The Transblade.

I am a fan of Metamor Keep and Transformations in general, I have been
an avid lover of Transformation and have had fantasies of
shapeshifting ever since l was a kid, partially brought on by a love
of cartoons and a darker more serious plight of being a sufferer of
the condition known as Gender Identity Disorder. Unfortunately, due to
the sheer number of Metamor Keep stories. I am unable to ensure this
story is 100% Accurate and not full of Plot Contradictions as I’ve
only read many of the earlier stories and skimmed the wiki.

This story is one of many projects I’ve put off far too long and for
reasons that aren’t very good. But I hope you enjoy it, but without
further to do. Here’s the first, and hopefully I can combat my
laziness enough to ensure it won’t be the last...

This is the first few pages, the full version is half done.

Tales Of The Transblade - Chapter 1:The Fourth Curse

Our tale begins in an old and simple village, back in the days of
yonder, 709 Christos’ Reckoning to be precise. when the people where
ruled together by Lords and Ladies and lived in harmony with spirits
and magical creatures, but also in fear of dark demons and blasphemers
against the gods. A time of unity with nature and a time where men
were men, women were women, children prepared to take their roles in
society, and animals were animals, of course in one such kingdom there
was considerable levy on that, but we’ll get to it. As this is not
where our story begins!

For far outside the well known kingdom of Metamor Keep, there was a
simple old village of a much lesser destiny known as Cornflower
Village, on a warm spring day, and therein lived a variety of common
folk ruled under a wise old Lord, Lord Fredrick Aerolon, a soldier
turned Holy Man turned lord through a bizarre twist of events that he
did not fully understand, but ultimately he didn’t question it, for
the will of the Gods was simply not his domain for Inquisition. Lord
Aerolon was a kind old soul, although getting on in years, a widower,
and with no offspring to look after his town when he was gone, which
could sadly be any day now. Though Aerolon was fair and well-liked by
all his subjects, his town’s Treasury was never exactly anything to
brag about, and with far more powerful members of nobility having a
sizable interest in the village and the fertile cornfields for which
the town gets its name. Currently he was tending to his pet seagull,
and waiting for his Captain Of The Guard to show himself.

“You’re looking well today Locket.” he said, smiling as he scratched
under the bird’s beak, who flapped his wings in agreement. “I’ll let
you out for your daily flight after our meeting with the guard.” Lord
Aerolon let Locket out and held out his hand, which the seagull
latched onto with his talons. The old man turned to face another
“Captain Redblood, you surprised me. Say hello Locket.”
Locket squawked in what seemed like a laugh, Aerolon had this bird for
quite sometime and yet he never showed too many signs of aging and was
usually very happy.

A tall imposing looking man saluted. “Playing with the seagull again
sir? We have dire news, you have been inquering about why Seladon has
left his tower in months. We’ve been able to confirm lately, that he
is no longer with us. The stench coming from his tower the mortician
believes to be from a rotted corpse. I’m afraid the rumors are
true.... he is... no more.”

“My good friend Seladon The Wise is dead? And you’re sure about this?”
The Lord asked, he wsa dressed in monk robes from the Order Of
Ecclesia. Although it had been a long time since his days as a holy
man he kept his robes and liked to wear them in times of deep
meditation, the church remained in his heart a special place. Fredrick
was a balding old man with the smallest amounts of gray hair on his
head, it was nothing really, not even a modest amount remained, the
top of his head was quite visible to elements and subjects alike. He
had a soft demeanor, but one could easily tell by his aura that
although his face was heavily wrinkled, every single one had a long
and rich story to tell.

“Yes my liege, and we owe Mugal to the North East a great debt.
Seladon was a wise man and a great philosopher, but he was also a very
powerful mage. As such he must have had something with which we can
barter to them. Even a trinket could be worth several stones worth of
gold if it’s enchanted properly. Even if it just turns frogs into
salamanders or flavors bread, it would be enough. As such I demand you
give us permission to raid his tower and have his possessions placed
in the treasury!” his captain of the guard said, he was a man in his
middle ages, an angry battle hardened demeanor and a wicked mustache
that said, “I’m bad news, just try it!”

The old lord seemed rather taken aback by this “I’d think you’d know
enough respect for your elders to not demand anything”

“Apologies sire, but the situation is dire, I grew up here and I fear
seeing my home taken by anyone, for any reason. I was born here, and
shed sweat, tears, and blood for this village. It is not much, but it
is all I have ever known.” The Captain Of The Guard stated, a hint of
fear was present in his voice.

Lord Aerolon laughed “Some would call that a problem, but we must
respect Seladon, especially since we don’t know what sort of arcane
alterations he made. You may see a shiny bauble in there worth the
world, but it could carry with it a 3 Day Poison. It’s both far too
dishonorable to desecrate my friend’s home and likely not worth the
risk to tamper with a wizard’s wares. There is not a single man in our
village magically inclined.”

“But what of the shapeshifter in Mugal, he could give us a proper
appraisal! He’s by far one of the best in all the land” The Captain
protested

The old man shook his head “He is self-proclaimed, you forget, despite
how he looks at times. He is still barely a man in age, not to mention
fool hardy and full of himself. He could easily doom us all with a
simple mistake, a mistake he would be very unwilling to admit or man
up to. I’m sorry we’ll find another way.”

The captain gritted his teeth “But there is no other way, there’s
barely enough food to go around as it is.”

“Things will pan out” The old man stated as he scratched his mighty
beard. “I’m sure of it, God has a way of working things out to those
who are patient and respectful of your elders.”

The Captain gave up, he could thought to himself that maybe the Elder
Lord was getting on in years, but he would not let this old man doom
the whole town, and so he went right to work on developing a plan.
When he came up with a scheme, he smiled to himself. If the Elder Lord
had no plans to raid the tower after all. He’d have no problem doing
it without permission, he’d just have to be a little sneakier about
it. Lying through his teeth, the Captain spoke. “As you wish m’lord,
will that be all?”

“It shall, please heed my words carefully, a wizard’s belongings are
not to be trifled with. You are dismissed Captain Redblood.” The Lord
stated as he let his bird fly from his hand as he called after the
bird. “Be back in an hour Locket, you have to deliver the mail for the
day.”

The captain bowed and “Yes M’lord” and turned around he had a hot
rookie this could be pinned on, and as such he made his way to the
barracks where he encountered several muscle bound men exercising in
various ways near the entrance, they were decked out in full army
ready in case anything went down, everyone looked the same all dressed
up like that. Which was good, it created a pack mentality, the army
was one and together they would triumph over any enemy that dared
threaten the good village of Cornflower, two holding pikes near the
entrance immediately saluted. Although the barracks were small and
only contained around twenty five, almost thirty men, they were
serious about security, and twice as much so as keeping the troops in
shape.

“Jamar, Jerrod, have you seen Cedric lately? I have a top secret
mission for him and him alone, straight from Lord Aerolon!”

“The new guy? He’s not even technically a soldier, nut bar doesn’t
even wear anything past chainmail.  What is he not man enough to wear
armor? What could our lord possibly want with him?” Jamar, spoke with
a voice that was deeply inquisitive, but still quite gruff., he and
his twin brother Jerrod looked almost identical, both were very
strong, very tough, and the very picture of masculinity. The one
difference outside of personality, which were still both similar, was
that Jamar had a beard and no mustache, while Jerrod had a mustache
and no beard.

Captain Redblood shrugged, he was a very convincing liar, especially
when it came to playing dumb. “Not a bloody clue, he said it was
something important that came to him in a dream. Personally I think
it’s another wild goose chase. Our Lord sadly is getting on in years,
just the other day he told me a rumor he heard of a Follower Priest
who was no older than 10. I fear for his declining health.”

Jerrod spoke out “I think someone already told him about it, Cedric
went on patrol around a half hour ago”

Reblood groaned, he had ordered no such patrol, and obviously this
news from Lord Aerolon
was a sham, he had just made it up, but clearly he couldn’t reveal
this to his guards, for he was the captain. If he just casually
admitted that he had just told a lie it would be all over for him as
being the Captain is quite an honor and a very high position, even in
a one horse town like Cornflower, especially if it was also an
admission of placing words within their ruling lord’s mouth. Why, he
would be exiled, or worse!

The Captain nodded and played off the bad news as he decided to go
looking for Cedric. “Wonderful, I expect a full report from him upon
his return. He might just prove his worth yet.” He turned around and
left with an annoyed look and a furrow to his brow that he quickly got
out of.

Meanwhile, a somewhat aged and battle hardened looking man in chain
mail armor, wearing nothing but chain mail and brown linen pants, he
had dirty unkempt blonde hair and smelled of sweat, he brought with
him a satchel of a few supplies and had been doing nothing but
training all day, cycling through weapons trying to find one that
suited him, he was undecided on a weapon specialization, he was okay
with several, but an expert in none. Though Cedric’s persistence in
becoming a true knight was vast and devoted, he had but one problem. A
lack of a testament to his honor, a true chance to prove himself. He
had traveled from town to town, but everywhere he went he found
nothing, but peace. Peace was wonderful, but not for proving oneself a
truly heroic individual. Cedric looked around on Seladon’s lands which
were empty and barren, his lands weren’t that big merely just a few
acres on the outskirts of town, as he saw that he was truthfully and
honestly on his own, but he had to be sure and there was really only
one way to do that.

“The Royal Guard is present, everyone outside!” Cedric yelled, he
waited around for a bit and scanned the area, after seeing no one he
correctly concluded that he was all alone and then went inside. “Good,
I’m not too late.” he said to himself. When Cedric had heard that the
wizard Seladon had finally passed that the guards were planning on ram
sacking it and taking the trinkets for themselves before the Lord
Aerolon could sell Seladon’s belongings. He was no match for the guard
and the morality of selling a Wizard’s Belongings, even if the village
was having financial troubles. They are Seladon’s belongings after
all, and being a wizard surely he had a will. However if they were to
be looted and sold off, there was no reason why Cedric couldn’t get
first dibs. With much caution Cedric looked closely at the door knob,
checking for runes. The door knob was very expensive looking, even
though the tower was old and decrypted the door knob was nice, too
nice, this door knob alone could pay off the town’s debts. The door
knob had several unique looking carvings and was made of pure crystal,
Cedric put his hand almost on the doorknob when he noticed it began to
glow as his hand drew near. Cedric quickly withdrew his hand, he
wasn’t about to let some curse overtake him. Seladon was a very
powerful wizard, whatever this doorknob did to intruders was rather
nasty. Cedric looked around and saw an open window, if he was going to
live a curse free life he would take no shortcuts. The wannabe warrior
came prepared, he reached into his satchel and took out a grappling
hook, whirling it around carefully a few times before letting it go
with a mighty toss, he missed at first, but on his second try he got
it and scaled up the wall, closing his eyes and trying to focus as he
carefully worked his way up the tower. He had to focus and see if he
can feel any magic radiating from the tower. Cedric was not a mage,
but in his years as a mercenary turned guard he had learned to open
his senses and see into the ethereal world. He was by no means a seer,
but it wasn’t blind to magic entirely. He came in through the window
and saw something that caught his eye. He appeared to be in a circular
bedroom with a green sheeted bunk bed that looked like it had not been
used in days, but the bed was of no importance to him, what was of
importance was the presence of a fine sword that seemed to be made
entirely of silver and literally just bursting with magical essence,
Cedric’s eyes bloomed up and he was in awe of its sheer beauty, Cedric
was not a vain man quite the oppisite, he infrequently bathed and his
hygine was not perfect. The warrior often stank of dirt and sweat,
something he’d been meaning to work on as it made nobles unsure of
him. Though this sword was something else, it was the kind of thing
that screamed “You’re in for a great destiny”. Taking caution again,
he shifted his focus to the parchment on the desk just next to the
splendid marvel that was the cutting instrument and began to read.
Many people in Cedric’s age could not, but before becoming a guardsman
at Cornflower Village he was a traveling mercenary and that kind of
work demands literacy so he picked it up as a survival trait and began
to give it a read, the date he couldn’t make out, but everything else
was clear as day.

“Date Feburary 14th, 709 CR

Today I have truly been blessed as I have in my possession the
Transblade, there are dozens of rumors about it and all of them are
equally true as they are equally false. Which is to say there are many
exaggerations, but also several understatements as well. Many
contradicting origins, some involving the Eastern Country of Yamoto,
one involving the ghost story of Shattered Mountain, some involving an
undiscovered land in the south, and even some involving Nasoj’s
Citadel”

Nasoj, Cedric was filled with glee upon reading that word. Killing
Nasoj would be quite the feat, Cedric did not know much about him
admittedly, just that the world would be a better place if he was
dead. He did learn one new thing about seeing his name in written
print, that Nasoj is an anagram of Jason, but he didn’t see how that
helped him in anyway at this juncture at time. Cedric earnestly
continued reading.

“Which as disturbing as they may be appears to ring false as the blade
not only seems more suited to helping Nasoj’s enemies as the blade
will only listen to a particular kind of person, the kind of person
you find in abundance of in the distant region known as Metamor.”

This pleased Cedric more, a weapon that could defeat Nasoj? Now that
would grant Cedric quite a chance to accomplish what he had always
dreamed of doing ever since the day he lost his sister forever, become
recognized by one of noble birth for his efforts in cleansing the land
of evil and wickedness and become an honorable knight. Knight nothing,
nay, for such a feat he might be made a Lord, a Count, an Earl, or
even a Duke. Duke Cedric, that had quite a nice ring to it. All he’d
have to do was go to this Metamor place and tell one of the people
there to get the sword to obey him. He honestly didn’t know much of
Metamor, just that the kingdom was supposedly cursed and yet at the
same time that neighboring kingdoms although loathed that place and
made it a point to never go there, or if they had to, never for more
than a week, would pay a considerable number of coin for stories
graced by the quill of their esteemed Writer’s Guild. Cedric, or Duke
Cedric The Valiant as he was humming over in his head, read onward.

“Unfortunately, I have my own curse to deal with. This affliction the
fates have struck upon me, I’ll be lucky if I don’t drop dead, so
obviously, I cannot make the trip to Metamor. A shame, I have had this
plague upon me for months and so far it is only getting worse. It
pains me to even write, I fear that without a miracle cure soon. I
will drop dead. If only I had realized the seriousness of this ailment
when I was still ready for travel. The curse of Metamor has a penchant
for healing incurable diseases, and I’d love to be restored to my
youth. Even if I was forever a child, it would be worth it to smile
and enjoy the sun again. Aerolon my friend, if this is to be the last
journal entry I ever write. I ask you to arrange for the Transblade to
be sold to Metamor Keep, and to keep all of your men from staying
there longer than three days, you may stay longer if you like, but for
God’s Sake, staying for anymore than a week is begging to be cursed.
It is not a curse to be taken likely, although I am wise and powerful
even beyond my many years. Better mages than me have tried and failed
to lift that curse. The blade is of no use to anyone but the Keepers
as they call themselves, and the gold it would bring in would be
enough to make an entire to scale replica of Cornflower with. Way more
than what is needed to pay off the town’s debts, I knew their Duke,
briefly in my younger years, before he became what he is now, he will
give you more than a fair price for anything that can free his people,
even if not from the curse, but from Nasoj. If I die before I present
this, forgive the man who stumbled in my abode if he presents you this
note. For it will be my last request that the blade be sold to
Metamor, and the profits used to save the village.

Grand Wizard Seladon, Cornflower Village”

Selling the Transblade would have him knighted by Aerolon for sure,
the town would be able to expand three times its size if the sword was
truly this valuable. Cedric had two missions to decide upon, sell the
sword and go for the sure thing, or have a Keeper force the sword to
obey him and take the head of Nasoj for his new province of Cedrale.
Cedric weighed his options, on one hand if the sword had such a power
Cedric would become like a god, but Cedric shook his head. Seladon was
dead now, and since this document was his last journal entry it could
be legally deciphered as his last will and testament. Now he could
always discard it and claim he found the sword in a mine somewhere and
none would be the wiser. Regardless of the glory and justice it would
bring to march into Nasoj’s Citadel and be crowned a Duke, Cedric
couldn’t live with himself if he did a deed as dishonorable as
ignoring the wishes of the dead. He would present this to Aerolon
himself and undertake the mission as Cornflower’s First Ambassador to
Metamor. With a nod and a song in his heart he exited the tower with
the sword in one of the two sheaths on his back and the scroll with
the journal entry written on it, back to Castle Cornflower.

Aerolon was lost in prayer palace guard came to him. “The Rookie
Cedric wants to see you sir. Shall I tell him you’re busy?”

Aerolon opened his eyes slowly and without turning around to face him,
the lord stepped out of trance to tell him. “Send him in”, he said as
he got up onto a small staircase as Cedric came in, with an unfamiliar
sword on his back. The handle looked plain, maybe he had brought it
with him from town. Aerolon was getting old, maybe his memory was
failing him.

Cedric was rather former as he kneeled in respect. “My Lord, though I
am new I must request that I be allowed to partake a mission of
goodwill to the distant province of Metamor.”

Metamor, now there was a name Aerolon had not heard in quite some
time. “I used to live there, this was before the curse. Seladon used
to be obsessed with that place, he always wanted to visit and exchange
notes. We cannot afford transportation to send a man there nor have we
reason, with his passing we have even less reason.”

“Nay, a grand purpose and the solution to our money problems exists
within Metamor Keep, I went into Seladon’s tower and...” Lord Aerolon
shook his head, he thought he had been clear with the captain. It was
painful to do so, but with a heavy heart he beckoned to a nearby
guard.

“Arrest him! I told the Captain no one was to go in Seladon’s Tower,
I’m sorry this had to happen Cedric, the day you had arrived was one
of the happier days of these nearer the end of my life. We seldom get
visitors, especially one as hard working as you.” Aerolon stated, he
seemed legitimately upset at having given this command. Cedric looked
uncomfortable, but not too concerned as a man in more elegant armor
than the ones that the guards in the barracks were wearing held a
spear up against his throat.

“It is by Seladon’s will that I’m here!” Cedric exclaimed moving the
spear away from his throat carefully. His lack of concern was simply
in the note he had obtained at the tower as he handed the journal
entry to Aerolon whose eyes were a glow as he took it. Aerolon began
to read every single word in earnest, overly joyed to feast his eyes
on the quill markings.

“When I had heard you had died old friend I was worried that would be
the last word I’d hear out of you, even this, your last will and
testament makes me feel elated, as though you were by my side once
more. Thank You Cedric, you are pardoned as Seladon requests, but I’m
afraid our Treasury cannot even secure transportation and supplies for
a distance as long as Metamor. I’m afraid we must ignore this request”
Aerolon looked quite upset, his heart was heavy as he sat down and
began to think. “Apologies Cedric, but if only a Keeper could use it
as the letter says. This Transblade is worthless to Mugal or any of
the other towns nearby”

Captain Redblood came in suddenly. “My lord, Cedric has raided the
tower! One of my men saw him come out of the tower with a grappling
hook and some trinkets. I must return them to the tower at once!” he
burst forward and complained, Cedric went before he gave the order and
likely took everything for himself. He was going to put Cedric in jail
and relieve him of anything he took, sell it, and pocket most of the
cash. It was foolproof. Redblood dared all others to prove to him that
a fool could not do it.

“I’m aware Captain. Cedric was just pardoned by Seladon’s last will
and testament, which Cedric was so kind as to recover. Though if he
has anything on him outside of the Transblade, he should relinquish it
over to the captain now.” Aerolon looked toward Cedric “Do you have
anything else Cedric?”

“Nay sir, just the Transblade, it was the only thing I knew for sure
that Seladon wanted out of his tower. Not to mention the only thing I
was sure that wasn’t going to turn me into a newt.” Cedric half-jested

“Seladon was not even a journeyman of Transformation Magic, if that
had happened, I am most certain you would have gotten better.” Aerolon
laughed to himself, Cedric and Redblood looked at one another
wondering where the joke was.

“Sir if it is alright with you, I wish to fund the journey to Metamor
out of my own pocket for the benefit of my Lord Aerolon and the town
of Cornflower” Cedric saluted as he did so, he was not going to let
the chance for a quest worthy of a knight to slip through his fingers.
After all, not only were the prizes grand, but the danger involved was
too. That’s a long distance to travel with highwaymen and cut throats,
from here to Metamor and once he got to Metamor,  Not to mention the
curse would give him only five days, more if he was willing to push
his luck, to reach Duke Thomas, make the sale, and get out. Simple
enough, if the lutins, brutish monsters who were minions of Nasoj, did
not take his life.

“If you think you can afford it, we will make accommodations for you
should you suffer the curse. Provided it isn’t contagious. Though if
the curse should leave you unable to battle, you will be forced into
retirement, although honored for your efforts and the sacrifices
made.” Aerolon nodded. “Captain get Cedric a map and any back up
willing to go with him”

Redblood pondered this for a bit, it could save the town if he was
successful, but this curse business sounds rather nasty and he’d
rather avoid it.

“Sir what are the chances someone outside of Metamor Keep could use
it” he spoke as he grabbed the sword from Cedric’s sheath. Cedric had
a look of fear in his eyes as the Captain took the blade. Redblood
tried swinging it, but the blade lengthened and become very difficult
to keep straight as he looked like a fool trying to balance the damn
thing, the blade became wobbly as the Captain shook and walked around.
Looking like a dancing fool until the blade resumed its normal size
and shape, but this time it changed in texture. The Transblade was now
a far darker color, but more importantly wedged into the floor as
Captain Redblood tried in earnest, but ultimately succumbed to the
futility of trying to lift it. The sword became hot and orange glows
spelled out words, a taunt to the captain who tried to wield it.

“Nice Try Human” Cedric read aloud, Nice and Try red and hot on the
hilt, whilst Human was written on the blade. The sword returned to its
natural state and Cedric sheathed it. “Well I guess that answers that
sir, I shall take it to Metamor post haste!”

“Curious, Cedric are you perhaps some form of Changling? Or an
ex-woman from Metamor?” Redblood pondered, stroking his rather long
beard. He thought Cedric was pretty handsome, could this handsomeness
be from lost fertility?

“Nay Captain, I am a man as you are and it has been that way ever
since my birth. The only womanhood missing in my life is regretably my
sister, whom was captured by bandits when I was but a lad. We had no
father or mother as he went off to war and she died of a plague, with
only me to watch my sister the burden of her loss was terrible, and
that is why I am a guard today sir.” Cedric was serious, the
determination in his eyes and the clenching of his face showed only
the surface of the depths of his loss.

“So melodramatic, and so obvious a lie, the sword obeys you Cedric.
Cedrina was it?” Redblood sounded serious, he was going to find an
excuse not to send any of his men to Metamor nor have anything to do
with that cursed landscape and its equally cursed people.

“I know not what you are getting at, I was born Cedric, and Cedric I
will remain.” Cedric stated, “The sword obeys me only because I give
it no orders.” trying to maintain a heroic posture until his quest
became official, but truth be told, he was getting a little tired of
standing at attention, especially since he had been working out all
day. Though still, to look impressive for his lord he would maintain a
firm and tense posture.

“Hmph, what reason would you have to believe you can go to cursed
lands and be allowed to return just fine without its grasp?” Redblood
inquestioned

“Actually Captain, I have already told Cedric that our town would
accommodate for him should he become cursed as best we could. The
final decision rests with Cedric and Cedric alone.” Lord Aerolon
calmly answered on Cedric’s behalf.

This was true, it did just occur and all parties were present for it,
Cedric saluted. “If it is alright with my superiors, I shall be off to
Metamor to make the transaction.”

Lord Aerolon smiled and nodded, truthfully told he knew that it was
highly unlikely that Cedric would return, but if Cedric felt he needed
to prove his loyalty and Seladon felt the blade belonged to Metamor,
he wasn’t going to stop him. “Cedric, Redblood, you two are
dismissed.” he sat back down on his throne and began to recite a
prayer under his breath. “I shall pray for your success and safe
return Cedric, I wish you luck and may Eli be with you. Oh and do me
one favor Cedric. I had a son who lived in Metamor, before the curses,
he was a battle hardened knight in service to a good man named Lord
Alvarez Loriod. I left before Three Gates and he remained behind. Do
try to find out what happened to him.” Aerolon pleaded much emotion in
his voice.

Cedric saluted a second time. “Yes sir, how will I know what he looks
like, how may I find him?”

“That’s the hard part, as I said, we lived there before the curses and
I took a pilgrimage in the name of Eli before the battle in which
Nasoj put them there. He could be a child, he could any manner of
beast, a mighty dragon, a mere mouse, a cunning fox, a cold-blooded
reptile, or even my curvaceous daughter. So it is hard to say, but he
may answer to the name of Yariv Aerolon. It is a shame you might not
see him in his youth, as he could show you quite a thing or two about
combat.” Lord Aerolon said as he continued. “I have heard no word on
if he perished in the Battle Of Three Gates. I have sent a few notes
back when our town was richer, but I have heard nothing in response. I
am getting on in years. I want to know what happened to my son. I
think I am owed this answer. Seladon is dead, and in a few months I
may follow.”

Cedric nodded, he took family in a somewhat passionate mannerism
mainly because he never knew his family. But he thought that it must
be nice to have one. “As you wish My Lord.”

“Get on the road then Cedric, from here to the top of the Northlands
is quite the journey.” Aerolon said dismissing his buff youngish
warrior and re-entering a deep prayer, this time, for the soul of his
dead friend, for the success of his living friend, and that his son in
whatever life the curse and the Keep provided for him, was happy,
healthy, and alive, maybe if not too young for it, married to someone
who brought joy to his life.