[Mkguild] Felsah's Little School (7/7)

Alex Green alexsurikat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 17:32:45 UTC 2013

Awww! Poor Kuna.  Despite being a fellow meerkat (or possibly because of
it), I hadn't really liked him.  But now with Jessica abusing him like that
(and possibly because he's a child as well), I feel really bad for him.
 Because of that, this was probably my favorite part.

>The creature saw him running after him
>and tried to dart down the nearby alleys, but
>Hugo's legs were much longer and after two turns
>he'd snagged the lithe fellow by the arm.

If only he could have run on all fours.  Meerkats can run at over 20 miles
per hour.

>The boy complained, tugging on his arm, and then
>opening wide his jaws to reveal lots of little
>teeth. He tried to bite down on Hugo's hand, but
>the mage bopped him on the forehead with his
>other hand.

With its four relativity long canines, a normal sized meerkat can bite
nearly all the way through a human hand (not through the bone of course).
 I'd be quite afraid to find out what one almost three times as large could
do.

>He wasn't sure how he knew it, but he was
>absolutely certain that something deeper than the
>schooling of an urchin child had just taken
>place.

If only you knew Hugo, if only you really knew.

Great story as usual, and now I'm looking forward to Hallan's stories even
more.  I hope his writing is going well.

-AlexSurikat