[Mkguild] Felsah's Little School (7/7)

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Thu Jan 24 22:44:38 UTC 2013

>Awww! Poor Kuna.  Despite being a fellow meerkat (or possibly
>because of it), I hadn't really liked him.  But now with Jessica
>abusing him like that (and possibly because he's a child as well), I
>feel really bad for him.  Because of that, this was probably my
>favorite part.

For a character who has only appeared in two completed stories this
Kuna certainly has left an impression on you!  Glad to know that you
enjoyed this section!

> >The creature saw him running after him
> >and tried to dart down the nearby alleys, but
> >Hugo's legs were much longer and after two turns
> >he'd snagged the lithe fellow by the arm.
>
>If only he could have run on all fours.  Meerkats can run at over 20
>miles per hour.

I figure that he's still got some sense of his humanity in there and
how improper it is to run on all fours!

> >The boy complained, tugging on his arm, and then
> >opening wide his jaws to reveal lots of little
> >teeth. He tried to bite down on Hugo's hand, but
> >the mage bopped him on the forehead with his
> >other hand.
>
>With its four relativity long canines, a normal sized meerkat can
>bite nearly all the way through a human hand (not through the bone
>of course).  I'd be quite afraid to find out what one almost three
>times as large could do.

I didn't know about the long canines.  I will have to amend the
description some.  Thanks for noting that!

> >He wasn't sure how he knew it, but he was
> >absolutely certain that something deeper than the
> >schooling of an urchin child had just taken
> >place.
>
>If only you knew Hugo, if only you really knew.

*chuckles* And since this character has since left Metamor he can't
tell anybody about it!

>Great story as usual, and now I'm looking forward to Hallan's
>stories even more.  I hope his writing is going well.

Thank you, Alex!  I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!  I hope that
Hallan's stuff is going well too; I'm eager to read his next tale as well!