[Mkguild] Felsah's Little School (7/7)

Alex Green alexsurikat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 04:58:34 UTC 2013

> For a character who has only appeared in two completed stories this Kuna
> certainly has left an impression on you!  Glad to know that you enjoyed
> this section!

Well, he wasn't a particularly nice person in Kamau's unfinished story, but
what Jessica is doing to him is beyond cruel and unusual (though I'm sorry
to say I felt he deserved it when I first read "Hawk's Jealous Prize").
 Kuna is also the only meerkat character at the Keep so far.  I'm going to
have to change that soon.

I figure that he's still got some sense of his humanity in there and how
> improper it is to run on all fours!

His clothing would probably restrict him, and, if his body is built more
like a human than an animal, it could be rather difficult.  If he shifted
to be more animal like, he would loose his clothes and possibly be trapped
in them.

I didn't know about the long canines.  I will have to amend the description
> some.  Thanks for noting that!

Yeah, looking at pictures of meerkat skulls I noticed the upper canines
typically extend slightly beyond the lower jaw.  The lower ones are a
little shorter than that, and the rest of the teeth are at most half as
long as the canines.  Most of the best information I've been able to find
about meerkats though, comes from people who keep them as pets.  They are
extremely aggressive, and it's astonishing what kind of wounds they can
inflict with those teeth.

> Thank you, Alex!  I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!  I hope that Hallan's
> stuff is going well too; I'm eager to read his next tale as well!

I've enjoyed all of the stories of yours that I've read so far (all the
Metamor Keep stories, all the Paradise stories, the couple Blind Pig
stories I could find, and a half a dozen or more stories I read from your
website).

-AlexSurikat