[Mkguild] Regarding "Covenants"

Hallan Mirayas hallanmirayas at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:43:20 UTC 2013

> > Setting aside the potential violation of established canon regarding
> > Follower immunity to daedra magic, the sidelining of the Yehudim (the
> > equivalents of the Jews), the implication that not even one Tened buckled
> > under the weight of despair and extinction, and the questionable historical
> > accuracy of an entire ancient world worshipping Eli before the aedra/daedra
> > arrived, I have two big objections.
> >
> The Tened people have been extinct for more than five thousand years.  All
> that anyone(with two exceptions) knows of them in the current age are shards
> of pottery, a few crumbling ruins, and an oddly well-preserved scrap from an
> ancient elf's travel diary.  I have plans to write stories about the ancient
> Tened and explore what their societies were like in their heyday, as well as
> how they handled extinction.  It would not be much of a spoiler to say that
> they didn't handle it very well.

Fair enough.

> This is not directly from the mouth of Eli, or even an angel.  Troud is
> basically the ghost of a living person.  The words that he says to Felsah
> may not be entirely accurate.

Yyyeah...  *embarrassed shrug*  I realized that about three hours after I sent my addendum.   "You know, Hallan, he's not exactly an unbiased witness."  Derp.  I've had an idea or two about what the aedra/daedra side of the story might be.

> > /"In memory of the Tened, who wouldst not be parted from the Truth, even to
> > preserve their lives, I Who Am make this everlasting covenant with the
> > Peoples of Scale and Feather. For so long as thou hast no dealings with
> > those who wouldst name themselves gods in defiance of the Most High, I shall
> > shield thee from their direct agency."/
> >
> > Do you really want to make an entire race immune to the aedra/daedra, not
> > because of faith, but just because of random chance of birth or curse?
> >
> The immunity is not so broad as you might think.  It only covers magics
> actively cast by an (d)aedra and directed at the shielded individual.  And
> being a reptile or bird is only part of the requirement of the covenant; if
> a shielded individual ever worships the Lightbringer pantheon, or enters
> into any deal with them, the protection will be immediately and permanently
> stripped away.

Hmmm.  Strict.  Drift was healed (from tetanus) by Akkala, yet kept the protection of Eli as long as he kept his focus on Eli first.

Hallan