[Mkguild] Regarding "Covenants"

Christof M. Bradford christof.bradford at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 13:46:08 UTC 2013

On 03/30/2013 05:18 AM, C. Matthias wrote:
>>> As to Eli not acting to preserve the Tened, I think we find numerous
>>> examples in Christian history of people who suffered greatly for the
>>> faith only to end up dying cruel and miserable deaths. The parade of
>>> martyrs that comes down to us from the Patristic Age, as well as
>>> many of the more recent examples (St. Maximillian Kolbe comes to
>>> mind). By enduring martyrdom, they won even greater merit for
>>> themselves in Heaven, and their blood sowed the seeds of other
>>> Christians.
>>
>> Your examples fail to grasp the scale of what I was saying.  For your
>> examples to properly contain the scope of the complete genocide of
>> which the aedra and daedra are being accused, they would have to be
>> examples of the complete and total obliteration of all Christians
>> and/or Israelites. I sincerely doubt you'll find such an example.
>
> No, you are right about that.  But we are dealing with established canon
> that the Tened are extinct.  That fact is inescapable, and we are trying
> to make some sense of it.  My view sees the return of the Tened presaging
> the fall of the pretenders as Troud called them.  Their fall being more a
> rebuke to the daedra and a humbling of the aedra for usurping a position
> that was not theirs to take.  Besides, we do not as yet know all that Eli
> actually did in that time, because I agree it is not possible for nothing
> to have been done.

Shirazz's Perch should not still exist, much less as the Necromantic
phylactery of the last Brood Matron of the last Tened tribe.  How and why
did it make its way into the Keep and remain securely hidden for five
thousand years until the first winter after Three Gates?

>>> And the prayers of the Tened were heard, but the answer had to wait
>>> for the right time and that time has come with the transformation of
>>> Jacob's family into true Tened, as well as Troud's confession to
>>> Felsah that cleansed him of his own stains.
>>
>> "Your prayers for deliverance from your oppressors and the murderers
>> of your children are denied.  But don't worry- Thousands of years from
>> now, some humans will be magically changed into more of you and your
>> people will start anew.  Sure, they won't exactly be blood relatives,
>> but they'll look like you and act... well... they'll probably act at
>> least somewhat like you...  After all, your people will be very nearly
>> erased from history well before then, so it's not like your
>> 'descendants' will have much of a reference to go by."
>
> Yeah, I'll leave that one for Christof.

My next story in this cycle will reveal some information about Tened history
between the arrival of the Pantheon and their extinction ten thousand years
later.  Included will be some of their stories of Eli, who they knew as "The
Outside One Who Is".  One of the inaccuracies of Troud's speech to Felsah
involves the fact that it was not the Tened on Earth who begged and prayed
for a miracle, it was Troud himself who begged Eli to intervene.

- --
I have an old tome.  A tome bound of flesh and scribed in blood.  It
holds many secrets, secrets for you to reveal.