[Mkguild] Group picture

Nathan Pfaunmiller azariahwolf at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 15:36:58 UTC 2014

I think the tone should reflect the setting as a whole.  While there are
some tongue and cheek moments in the universe and they do tend to be
thoroughly amusing, the majority of the stories take themselves very
seriously, to good effect.  That said, I don't think that it should be dark
or foreboding; while there are certainly dark times during the course of
the Keep's history, there remains an optimistic spirit of adventure
throughout.

A couple of notes from my side, we would have to be careful of
overcrowding.  The fact that doing this pretty much requires financial
contributions from participants to cover their characters should help
balance that out, but even so, if we were able to do something like this,
we would probably end up with quite a few characters.  One option I can
think of would be to have an artist create a background, then have multiple
images, each one likely centered on a legacy character with other active
and legacy characters around them, and just superimpose those images over
the background.  Then it would simply be a matter of putting the images on
a rotation on the archives.

Also, the price is a consideration.  While many artists have group rates,
to get a piece that would adequately represent the setting would be pretty
expensive.  Now, each author could cover their characters and split it up
that way, but then we have some characters who do not have owners, or whose
owners no longer write for the setting.  We would need to get a quote to
see how much extra each person would have to pay to have them included.

-LurkingWolf