[Mkguild] MK Group Commission Sketch Comments

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Sun Oct 26 19:24:58 UTC 2014

I have collated all the comments I've received and haev prepared this
list of changes and suggestions for Ermine.  Please read through it
and let me know what you think.  Also, we need to vote on what the
background will be.

----------

Corrections for each Character (Left to Right)

Andwyn:
   The spymaster bat is a little too cute in this.  His expression
should be reserved and intent.  Also, his feet need to be changed so
that he can use them to hang from a hook in the ceiling.  The
document he is holding down is a map (looks like this
http://metamorkeep.com/gallery/pics/mk-region2.jpg) with little
pewter markers to show forces.  A horse-head piece at Metamor Keep
and either end of the valley, with little goblin-like pieces along
the road through Caralore, Bremen, and Lik (the southern part of the
map is obscured by the bat's wing).

Copernicus:
   Lower Copernicus's sight line either to Andwyn or to the map in
front of him so that he seems more engaged in the discussion.

George:
   The sword he has at his side should be a cutlass.  Perhaps have
him lean over just a little bit toward the map

Malisa:
   No changes here, she looks fantastic.

Thomas:
   Thomas's hands should be changed so that he has three (two?) thick
fingers and a thumb with heavy nails.

Alberta:
   Her hands should be similar to her husband's.  Also, she would be
wearing a necklace with a jewel medalion rather than a string of
pearls.  Raise her right ear to a more vertical orientation to
indicate it's focused, not laid down/back.

Thalberg:
   While talking with Alberta is right, a good Steward will always
look at the cup he is pouring into.  So perhaps bring the end of the
table some so this is easier for him to do.  And the look may in fact
just be a turning of his eye rather than his snout.

Phil:
   Bringing the end of the table in also brings Phil more into the
picture with the rest.  For his document, a naval chart filled with
astrological symbols would be appropriate.

The Table:
   It should have fancy scroll-work featuring anthro animals or at
least animal heads worked into the theme.

Background options:
   1. A night time scene with a well lit foreground would look fine.
Nice bit of symbolism too. "Metamorians holding on to light while
outside the world goes dark."
   2. Daylight would be a better lighting situation in my view, with
a bank of clerestory windows behind them.

These are the changes I will be sending to Ermine.  If anybody object
or wants to suggest another change feel free to do so.  We only have
to decide on the background, so if you have a preference please voice
it in the next two days.  I'd like to send all of this to Ermine by Wednesday.

Also, should Thomas have three fingers or two per hand?  I cannot
recall if it has been mentioned in story yet.