[Mkguild] Regular visits to MK

C. Matthias jagille3 at vt.edu
Mon Sep 7 12:55:55 UTC 2015

I think that's a little silly to have the "counter" reset once they
leave the area of effect.  The Curse has an area where it an try to
claim people.  It takes a while for its tendrils to take root in a
person and change them.  When a person leaves the valley the curse
will lose its grip, but the impression has been made, so it will be
able to traverse those same paths again.  Thus, in this case I'm
going to side with Ryx's interpretation that a person has to stay out
for about as much time as they were in the valley for the "counter"
to return to zero.

Also, the "counter" is just a guideline.  Some folks are more
susceptible than others.  The fourteen days is a guideline.  i
imagine most folks prefer to stay less than a week to minimize their chances.

And keep in mind that the society of Metamor Keep is not one with a
scientific mind-set.  While they would be able to derive various
principles from observation about how long it takes for the Curse to
take hold, there would be no collective understanding of why this is
so.   Merchants would not be stepping out of the valley for a
half-hour and then come back in.  No, they're going to leave for
months as they conduct their business elsewhere before braving the
risk that is Metamor.