[Mkguild] Life As We Know It XV B

Jack Moore jackthefrilledlizard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 03:56:57 UTC 2017

Life As We Know It - XV B

“Now it’s my turn.” He grinned.  “I think we can both agree there need be
no rest between spirits.  What with you being such a powerful Channeler.”
 Son of a bitch.  I nodded and again closed my eyes as Umaro held up his
gem.
Once again I waited until the spirit crashed into my body.  This time
though it hit me with such force I could feel the inside of my head
ringing.  I again started to open the funnel to let the spirit in.
The emotions I felt this time about knocked me on my tail-free bottom.
Instead of anger, what I felt was joy.  Insane and completely
uncontrollable joy.  The images though were of blood, death, fires and lots
of screaming.
'What on Earth happened…I don’t want you in my body.  I want you out.' But
I deepened the funnel and let it closer to my soul.  This one flowed like a
taint into me.  As I lost my limbs I felt a chill running through my body.
'What are you doing to me? What do you want?' A peel of laughter echoed
through my head and almost out of my mouth.  Finally, the spirit entered
into my core.  And now comes the fun part.
The spirit didn’t just enjoy having control of part of my body.  It reveled
in it.  My arms began to shake and I had to focus to control them.
“Spirit, are you inside of Janelle?” Umaro’s voice seemed to come from
miles away.
“Don’t ya know it sharp eyes!” My mouth chirped.  Umaro laughed.
“And Janelle do you still have some control over your body?” I clicked my
tongue against the roof of my mouth.
“Yeah-yes sir I am.” I said.
“Good, nice to see this spirit is causing you no trouble what so ever which
is what I wanted!” He said, drawing out each word as long as possible.
 “Now Janelle, you who are channeling this spirt oh so very very very well.”
“Hurry up.” I stammered.  I couldn’t see it but I know Umaro was smirking.
“You’ll channel the spirit back into its vessel and you will do so within
sixty seconds.  Sixty that is from the moment I say to do so, understood?”
 I nodded, trying to keep a grip on my body.  My mind was being hammered on
all sides from emotions, sensations and memories from this insane spirit.
“I understand.” I forced out through clenched teeth.  “Please just start.”
“Oh I don’t want to tax your delicate mental state.” Umaro said in a
sing-song voice.  “But if I want to take a while then I can take a while
and all—
“Umaro enough!” Sotto snapped.  “Janelle, channel the spirit into the soul
gem now.”  Umaro huffed but made no more protest.
'Thank you Eli.' I began to push the disgusting spirit out of my brain.  It
fought back but keeping it inside of me so long, I knew what it would try.
Even as it left I could feel its residue on my mind.  Like a flim on your
skin from sticking your hand in stagnant water.  Maybe that’s why I was
rather reckless getting rid of this spirit.  I said before, you need to
have your balance, a sense of absolute calm.
I wasn’t calm at all though.  I was pushing the spirit out of my body as
fast as I could, closing any opening with joy.  Unfortunately the spirit
noticed this and started rushing out of me also.  Remember, part of the
test is controlling where it goes.
'Damn it.' The spirit slipped free and went right out of my grasp.  In
seconds I felt it trying to get back in.  Before I could grab it, it was
off.  I tried to catch it again only to feel it slip through my grasp.
“Thirty seconds Janelle.” Umaro said, no doubt to help me.  Asshole.
I tried to grab it again and finally got it in my grasp.  It squirmed and
struggled, sending me images of bloodshed and feelings of joy.  I pushed my
disgust and pushed the spirit into its soul gem.  I then opened my eyes.
“Done.”  Umaro frowned.  Didn’t matter, I had succeeded no matter what he
wanted.  Sotto smiled and gave me a thumbs up.
“Well I guess you did your best.” Umaro mumbled, turning away from me.
 “There is still one more to go.”
“That’s right” Sotto said, shooting Umaro a withering look, “Just one more
test.  All you need to do is channel this spirit I have selected.”  I
nodded.  “No time for rest Janelle. We must begin.”