[Mkguild] Life III: Entrance of the Parasite - C

Jack Moore jackthefrilledlizard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 03:06:20 UTC 2017

Life III: Entrance of the Parasite - C

“Don’t move.” Peccavi said.  “Hands at your side.”  Her arms pinned
themselves to her body.  Fear had focused Endylen’s mind, but it had also
weakened her will.  Now all she could do was watch her struggling husband.

“What did you do to her!?” Lew screamed.  He kicked at Peccavi, striking
him under the chin.  The thin man didn’t respond to any of it.  He was
stone.

“Oh don’t worry about her.” Peccavi said.  “She was weak and now she’s
mine.  You though give her strength, can’t have that.  Need her for now,
don’t need you.” He shrugged.  “Personally I don’t get your devotion.  She
didn’t love you.”

“Fuck you!”  Lew landed a scissor kick, this one on Peccavi’s eye.  This
one caught the thin man off guard, snapping his head backwards.  That did
nothing to wipe the grin off his face, but it was satisfying.

“I suppose you earned that.” Peccavi said.  “Just remember, your wife was a
fucking filthy whore.  Your son, or daughter now I guess?  Probably not
yours.”
“You think you can upset me?” Lew growled.  Peccavi’s grip tightened.  Lew
scratched and clawed at the hand with his one arm.  His lungs were burning.

“I don’t care if you’re upset or not.” Peccavi.  “What I want is for you to
know how pointless all of this was.  Your career as a solider lost you your
arm.  Your loyalty to your wife wasn’t rewarded.  Their was no point to any
of it.  At all.”  Peccavi smiled.  “But that won’t be the last thing that
grows through your mind.”  He pointed a finger at him.  “This will.”

Peccavi dropped Lew ont the ground.  The Bush Monkey landed on his tail but
he hardly noticed.  His eyes focused on the single finger pointed at him.
Lew only had a second to wonder before a stream of fire shot out of it.

Lew was immolated in seconds.  He didn’t have time to scream before the
flames consumed him.  None the less Peccavi watched until the fire consumed
him completely.  When nothing remained of the man but ash, Peccavi returned
to his wife.

“Sorry about that love.” Peccavi said.  He climbed into the cart, beside
the shaking immovable woman.  “Your husband though was quite a fighter.
>From the moment I selected you I could tell how much strength you took from
him.”  He grinned at her.  “We don’t have to worry about that anymore
though.”

Endylen couldn’t respond, no longer because of the creature’s control but
the horror at what she had seen.  Her claws scratched at her thin skirt as
her mind tried to process.  Peccavi snapped the reins and they resumed
their journey.

I’m convered with armor and I have magic, but I couldn’t do a thing.  With
great effort she turned herself to face Peccavi.  I hate you so much.  I
hate you beyond all comprehension.  I can’t kill you but I know you will
burn in the deepest pit of hell.

“W-w-w-whu”  Speaking was even harder.  Her mouth simply didn’t want to
work.  She had to wedge her tongue in between her teeth to keep her jaw
from snapping shut.  Thankfully a long muzzle meant a lot of tongue.
 “Whur-whyr urs?”

“Why you?” Peccavi didn’t look at her.  His eyes were focused ahead, at the
light at the end of the treeline.  And no doubt at the Keep waiting them.
 “Simple, as indescribably as my abilities are, I can’t brainwash a whole
Keep.  No so you know what I needed?”

“Basss-turd” Endylen hissed.

“That’s right, I find a traveler largely unknown in Metamor but with
residence.” Peccavi said.  “At the rate people seem to gravitate towards
this cursed Keep it was only a matter of time.  So when I saw you two it
was perfect.  Yeah you got a daughter, but disposing of her won’t be a
problem.  And I’ll have a nice anonomous house to work from.”

“I-rrrrlll storp yoooo” Endylen choked out.  Peccavi shook his head.

“No, you’re alive only because I have need for you.” He said.  “Your death
is going to teach me something very important, trust me.  So rejoice, by
your death you will help lay the foundation for the new world!”
“Yoooo worrrn’t wern.” Endylen said.  Peccavi shook his head.
“I will win.  In fact I already have and have been since the moment of
creation.  Nothing you say will stop me.”  Peccavi said.  “Now silence
yourself until I say otherwise.”  They emerged from the trees, now able to
see Metamor Keep ahead of them.

“Even I have to find it amazing.” Peccavi said.  “You idiots have been
cursed, assaulted and almost overrun how many times?  Yet you hold on.
Amazing how stubborn you people are.  Well we will break that nasty habit.”
What can I move?  Endylen tried swinging her tail.  Nothing.  What’s
holding me in place?  All he did was speak!  Now they could see the
entrence to the Keep coming up.
“No humans on guard?” Peccavi asked, upon seeing the current guards on duty
were anthros.  “I’d be scared animal guards would terrify everyone.  Here’s
a good question, why are there so many anthros?  I mean the curse is
supposed to hit you and do one of three things, but anthros seem to
outnumber everyone else?  I don’t get it.”
As they approached the gate, Peccavi made sure Endylen got the attention of
the guard who approached them.  The guard was female, an Oryx with both nub
horns and a neck thicker than a pillar.
“Come on now my dear, make sure she sees you.” Peccavi said.  “Make sure
she knows what you look at when we leave.”
“Of course.” Endylen’s claws dug into the wood.  Slowly she was regaining
control of her hands.  Whatever he did it wasn’t permanent.  The guard in
blazing crimson approached them, golden eyes focused on the two.
“Good morning.” She said.  “Visiting or relocating?”  Peccavi could see she
was trying to understand him.  Endylen she recognized as belonging in the
valley, Peccavi was a blank.
“Relocating.” Peccavi said.  “My name is Lewen, this is my wife Endylen.
We’ve recently lost our dwelling to fire, you can probably guess by the
soot.”  The guard smiled but kept her eyes on Peccavi.
“I can smell smoke on both of you still.” She said.  “I’m sorry for your
loss.”  now she turned to Endylen. “Ma’am if you don’t mind my asking, are
you ok?”  Endylen continued scratching.  Peccavi laughed.
“You’ll have to excuse my wife, she’s a bit-
“I wasn’t speaking to you sir.” The guard said.  “Madam, are you ok?”
 Endylen looked at the guard.  Her eyes were pleading.
“Yeah I’ve had enough of this.” Peccavi said.  “You will back off, and you
will do so now.”  The guard immediately began to resist his words, so
Peccavi exerted more of his will.  The stronger he willed it, the more
effective this little trick was.