[Mkguild] Fwd: Life As We Know It XXVI

Jack Moore jackthefrilledlizard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 04:54:05 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jack Moore <jackthefrilledlizard at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Subject: Life As We Know It XXVI
To: mkguild at lists.integral.org

AN: Remmie is based on a woman I met once at Church. Being a disrespectful
little shit I was yapping away, when she turned to me and said "Show some
goddamn respect for the fucking Lord!". I got nothing to ad to that.

Life As We Know It - XXVI

Fourteen Hours Remaining
“I always wanted to be a spy you know.” Sebastian said.  His glassy eyes
tried and failed to focus on Remmie.  “I always knew I would be a good spy,
you know?  No one ever ever noticed me even when I was trying to be noticed
you know?”
“I think I got it.” Remmie said.  The only thing she had touched all night
was water, as opposed to the third mazer Sebastian was finishing off.  The
Linsang’s ears were stuck ina  permanent droop and he looked like he was
about to slide onto the floor.
“You know, I have yet to see you drink.” Sebastian said.  “Do you like
ale?  Or wine or something else?”  Remmie smiled.
“On the farm it helps to be sober.  If you’re not you break your...well you
name a bone.  So I never really got into drinking.  Besides I’ve dragged
enough drunk naked Keepers to the tank I don’t want to join them.”
“Right right right.” Sebastian said.  “That’s right.  It’s right.”
“Is it right?” Remmie asked.  The Deaf Tent was smokey, warm and half
hidden in shadows.  Remmie could hear poolballs in the distance.  She
wanted to try breaking her ball swallowing record but that wasn’t allowed.
'I coughed all four balls up eventually!' Remmie shook her head. 'My throat
expands, just because the others can’t swallow a que ball doesn’t mean I
can’t.'
“Kay kay I told you why I wanna be a spy.” Sebastian said, poking a finger
in her face.  “Why did you join the Watch?  I mean, you want to be a
warden?”  Remmie shrugged.
“Always wanted an adventure and you don’t get that with turnips.  Came to
Metamor to get cursed-
“You wanted to be cursed?” Sebastian asked.  “Thasss that’s fucking fucked
up!”  He laughed and leaned back into his chair.  EXcept he didn’t have a
chair, he had a stool.
Crash!  Remmie sipped her water as two legs thumped down on top of the
table.  A hand wearily raised off the ground.  “I am okay!  I am totally
okay!”
“You are totally drunk fuzzbutt.” Remmie said.  She grabbed the poor
confused Linsang and helped him back onto his stool.  “That’s okay, I like
drunk guys.”  Sebastian’s tail raised and his fur began to tremble.
“I juss don’t get it, why do you wanna be cursed?” Sebastian asked.
 “That-that is is so weird you know?”  Remmie shrugged.
“I wanted an adventure and Metmor seemed exciting.” Remmie.  “And you know
what?  I liked being blue more than hoeing fields.  Plus I can do this!”
 Remmie grabbed the loose scales under her throat with both hands.  She
then pulled, expanding them by several inches.  Sebastian gave a slow clap.
“I wish I could do that.” Sebastian said.  “All I can do is the spy grunt
work.  I bet Andwyn was never a grunt.”
“I doubt he started by being put in charge of a spy ring.” Remmie said.
 “It is kind of fucked up we know the head of Metamor intelligence by
name.  You’d think they’d want that to be a secret, like the Long Scouts!”
“I guess, I dunno.” Sebastian said.  “I just...I wanan be a real spy you
know!  Like going to foreign lands to spy on them!  And stab up their
kings!”
“That’s a noble profession.”  Remmie said.  “Ya know how I became a
Warden?”  Sebastian shook his head.  “They were short on people and offered
a steady wage and food.  Never did get any free food, but it’s been
exciting.  Totally worth it!”
“I bet.” Sebastian said.  “I like you a lot more than the other one.  The
other Blue one.  She’s got a stick up her ass.”  Remmie flicked the Linsand
across the nose.  “Hey!  What the hell?”
“Janie may have a stick up her ass but she’s my friend!  Don’t insult my
friends, my job or Eli or else you get a smacking.”  Sebastian nodded
slowly, beginning to sway side to side.
“I’d have never picked you for a religious person.” Sebastian said.  “Or
a-a lady who’s proud of what she does.”  Remmie smirked.
“Man, I am full of surprises.” She said.  Sebastian finished off his
mazer.  He tried to stand, but Remmie pulled him back down.  “What do you
say the two of us get out of here?”  She grinned at him.