[Mkguild] On stempunk

Indagare . brenner.mike at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 13:17:33 UTC 2017

>I am not sure about this 1799 thing but I am always open to new ideas. But
I LIKE the 708 timeline we are doing now and intend to introduce at least 1
more automaton.

I like it too! All I'm saying is if more steampunk stuff seems to be
creeping in, then it's possible that's where people's interests are
shifting to. That's not a bad thing either - tastes change over time, and
MK as a universe can allow it - in the future. When I asked about my
balloon adventure a lot of folks here are willing to be generous helpers,
but within eleven years it seems most people's characters will be settled
down with families. So if folks want their characters to more or less live
happily ever after, one way to have new characters with new adventures
could be going forward.

So I'll continue on my 719 story for the twentieth anniversary of the
Battle of the Three Gates, and I'll send some of my thoughts on Fan Shoar
later, but if folks *do* want to see more steampunk stories, we can discuss
how best to address it.

-Indy