[Vfw-times] furry haircut

Oren Otter bevary at atcjet.net
Fri Nov 12 01:03:27 CST 1999

At 10:14 PM 11/11/1999 -0800, you wrote:
>Help! You probably can't help me but still. How can I
>draw furry guys? I mean, they don't have any ears on
>the sides of their heads so you can't do sideburns or
>anything!

The most common approach is to just gove male morphs furry heads.  In the
comic strips, I've generally found that female morphs have hair, males
don't.  The exception, of course, is males who have manes, such as
Flinthoof Ponypal, Leaonard Lion, or even quills like Brisbane Adams.

Some possible alternatives-

Simply have the hairline go up to where the ears are.
Treat the hairline as one continuous line
Just pretend the human ears are there.
Blend the hair and the fur together, like with Surf Rat or Mewn.

Final suggestion:  Surf the furry comics.  Definitely.  You can find a ton
of them listed on Dan and Gornul's directory, the Furry Funnies Stand.
You'll find plenty of male furries you can study.

>how come nobody's writing? *sniffle* write people
>WRITE! =P

Not to worry!

I am working on MK: Pennance and Retribution.  I'll post it here when I'm
done with this chapter.

-Oren the Otter
8=-3
tlhaQ biQ Ha'DIbaH