[Vfw-times] GM: A Halloween to Remember - 1

Wolf0013 kryses0013 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 4 00:08:51 CST 2001

Greenwood Mythology: A Halloween to Remember

                                                                                    By: W.O.L.F

"Whew!" I said as I busily waved fumes away from my face. "I'll never get used to the smell of spray on deodorant!"

Looking into the mirror a furry wolfish face looked right back into my eyes.  I turned my head and it turned with me.  I opened my mouth and it revealed its long canine tongue and teeth.

I swiveled my ears and smiled, my white pointed teeth glistened and I beamed with pride and happiness over my appearance.  I loved how my grayish fur covered this well built body.  It felt unnatural to be human, and nothing felt better than casting
off my disguise for a day.

My mother however, looking across me from the doorway to the bathroom frowned with disapproval. "Do you really have to do this?" she said in a voice oozing with concern.

"Mom," I paused. "I know this scares you, but I've got to do this, and besides," I said adding a lighthearted tone to my voice. "Who's going to believe it?" I asked with a chuckle. "I mean an American werewolf in High school?" I motioned towards my wolf like body as I said this. "The entire thing sounds like something from a cheap horror flick, doesn't it?" My mother frowned grimly at the statement.

"You should take your condition more seriously," she said while tightening her fists in worry. "Nathan," she paused suddenly, "innocent people have been murdered for being what you are."

"That was centuries ago Ma," I said jokingly.  "You worry too much." She looked at me, the worry still painted on her face

 "But," she said loudly before pausing, "I don't want to lose you."

"Its okay, it's okay," I said while walking past her.  Honestly, I was a little worried as well. Things could definitely go wrong if I wasn't careful. But I wasn't about to worry her any more.

"It is, huh?" she said while following me through the house.  "Well, what if you're asked to take off your costume? What will you do then?" I cringed inwardly; I was hoping she wasn't going to ask many questions.

  "Well" I said while casually surveying a basket of clothes for my shirt. "I've already packed a change of clothes," I paused.  "Should the need arise I can change into my extra pair and nobody would be the wiser." I quickly glanced over at my mother and spied her glaring at me disapprovingly.  Promptly I shot my glance back at the clothes.

She was worried and she was right to be worried. Today however I wanted everyone to see the real me and I was worried enough as it was without letting her own concern pile on.

I bent over and grabbed a T-shirt with the picture of the American flag.  It would slightly too tight my true form but it'd have to do regardless.  "Hey mom," I said looking up from my pile of clothes.  "Have you seen my shorts with the tail hole already cut out in the back?"

She sighed, bent over digging through a basket of laundry she had recently brought up to sort.  "Here," she said tossing a pair of blue jean shorts to me, "I washed them for you last night."

"Thanks Mom," I said a moment after catching the shorts. Swiftly I bent over and put the shorts on. Careful not to get my claws caught on the fabric.

 My Mother laughed, "What are you ever going to do when you live on your own someday?"

"I don't know," I said while grabbing my backpack, "starve and wear dirty clothes I guess."  Mother rolled her eyes and smiled.  "Aw Crap!" I said as I looked out the window. My bus was early!  "Got to go Mom," I exclaimed quickly dashing down the stairs in a frantic manner, trying not to miss the bus. "Love ya, and I'm sorry I didn't take out the trash."

"It's okay," she said waving "I love you too." I was out the door just as she said it.  Dashing through the front yard, ignoring the slight chill of the frost on the ground, I caught more then a few of my neighbors' eyes going wide with amazement over my costume.

"Hey Man, I yelled to the bus driver as I ran up to the side bus driver.  "Thanks a ton for coming on time!" I said as I climbed in. "Three more minutes and she would have made me take out the trash."

The bus driver, a short man with long white hair laughed "Any time Man, oh, and that's a great costume, I'm sure the ladies will love it!"  I rolled my eyes and smiled before heading back to find a seat.

"Happy Halloween man," I said on the way back to the seat.  I picked a spot somewhat outside of the crowds and sat, or at least tried too, first I had to struggle to find a way too sit and un-kink my tail, then I had to rearrange my legs, a half dozen other body parts, and I still wasn't comfortable.  I don't know who designed these seats but they weren't designed for humans, or werewolves for that matter.

Finally though I managed to get comfortable enough to lay back and close my eyes, pretending to be trying to get some rest before school, but I still didn't feel very comfortable. I opened my eyes occasionally, spying people staring and gawking at me. I didn't know if they suspected something or if they were just amazed by the apparent realism of my costume.  I closed my eyes again. Hopefully their gazes would fade away.

-End part one-