[Mkguild] New Author & Character: Stryke

Stryker mk stryker.mk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 04:49:47 EST 2007

Hmm... well, if it's going to cause **that** kind of a problem; then
um... shapeshifter withdrawn. No hard feelings. :-)

I'm not gonna' throw away the character, though - but anything I do
with him won't be in the canonical MK universe or use it's proper
names (I do have an arc in mind that plays off the psychological
consequences of the "superman" aspects - hopefully without having them
drive the story in the obvious direction - that sometime I'd like to
explore; actually about the only thing for this arc that I really need
which I *think* is somewhat unique to MK is the definition of mana
particles & flows).

As for the machinist, well -- what *do* you call someone who makes
small precision parts for simple machines, mostly out of metal (but
not just for clocks, so it wouldn't be a clockmaker, right)? I'm not
talking about a CNC shop, or even anything like a modern engine lathe
(that would be kinda' odd for the time, wouldn't it? :-)  --- I mean
just with basic bench tools - like a hammer, a stone, a chisel, a bow
& rest, and some dividers?

Oh, and she has no powers. Can't even cast a feeble witchlight. :-)

The dragon I thought of because it seems that most of our dragons have
gone dormant; and I felt an empty spot in the environment.

About the dragonfly concept - the idea was that the ballista would be
held on with glue, the same way that you'd attach anything else to an
exoskeleton. I figured that modifying the exoskeleton plates wouldn't
cause that kind of an infection issue, because it *is* an exoskeleton.
Once closed over with exoskeletal plate, any surgical site would no
longer be subject to heightened infection risk. Like I said in my
first post, I didn't think it would work on a non-insect for that very
reason (no plate = perpetually open wound). And - IIRC - there is some
evidence that the ancient egyptians performed brain surgery, and the
patient (victim???) lived at least long enough afterwards for the
bones to start to heal (I have no idea what the failure rate was,
though - probably rather high), so that sort of a feat under rather
primitive circumstances isn't unheard of.

OTOH, has anybody got any other ideas of how to arm a fixed-full-form
dragonfly (I don't want him to be a mage)? "bombs" perhaps (rocks,
explosive orbs made by somebody else in the keep, sacks of acid - or
some other nasty thing that Pascal comes up with - that burst on
impact???)

:-)